New School (1 Viewer)

adriano_negr0

HSC
I've just joined a new school and im finding it hard in class. Like physics maths and business are alright but in everything else i know no0one and its shit. I'm relatively excited by yr 11 but i hope this hsc thing goes quick im so keen for uni.

So is anyone in or has been in a similar situation or can generally comment

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
Changing schools for year 11 and 12 can be a bit shit since most groups are well established and aren't too interested in meeting new people.

Just be friendly and enthusiastic to everyone and you'll make friends eventually, it did take me a while but then i can be an incredibly anxious person in social situations. if you're a really outgoing and social personality it shouldn't take too long.

On the plus side the lack of social interaction did lead me to do more work in class out of boredom and this showed in my marks.

muzeikchun852

HSC
maybe u just needs to be social a bit more to make friends. at least when u have those subject, u are able to discuss with someone that u knows.

adriano_negr0

HSC
yer ive only had 2 lessons. But I do have heaps of friends outside of school i just dont like meeting new people. . But its only been 2 days and i guess its a plus ive actually already met afew people. It'll be okay I just want to fast forward afew weeks so I'm used to it

CecilyMare

HSC
it should really suck for you to be a newbie at this time of school.

like hey, you just became seniors and you're meant to rule the school with your candy fist and snob up on all the juniors, but no you can't because you're a newbie :p

adriano_negr0

HSC

like hey, you just became seniors and you're meant to rule the school with your candy fist and snob up on all the juniors, but no you can't because you're a newbie :p
thanks for ur contribution

MrBrightside

Brightest Member
HSC
N/A

WT@?, I do not believe in this...lol, As time passes, people become friends, people get to know each other...lol...but yea probably would feel weird for like the first 3 weeks, then its like you've made heaps of friends and r used to the whole place already....

Rage_Quitter

HSC
So much easier if you came to my school. If you willing to chat with new people, the whole year is willing. Well for my school that is.

First day, almost everyone is already in their own social groups. Awkward, cause I'm the nomad that moves from one group to another, except the girl ones.

adriano_negr0

HSC
So much easier if you came to my school. If you willing to chat with new people, the whole year is willing. Well for my school that is.

First day, almost everyone is already in their own social groups. Awkward, cause I'm the nomad that moves from one group to another, except the girl ones.
yer my year isnt that willing. but ive met afew people who are okay but atm just roaming at recess/lunch. what school do u go to?

Rage_Quitter

HSC
yer my year isnt that willing. but ive met afew people who are okay but atm just roaming at recess/lunch. what school do u go to?
Even though my school has a good community, I would rather not say about my school as I am deeply ashamed of my school.

Arcorn

Ban ned
HSC
Just talk to people, that's all you have to do at most new schools.

musing

HSC
Don't worrry! I'm on the same boat as you.

Just be friendly + approachable and you're all SET!

It was hard on the first day but I'm getting hanggg of it!

adriano_negr0

HSC
yer im getting the hang of it. I was just unsure at first. some people are fags but most are good peeps

musing

HSC
Oh yeah, I'll give tips for anyone who are entering new school:

DON'T expect that you'll fit in right away even though you know somebody there. It usually takes days, weeks or even months to fit in depending on your effort. Being quiet and not approaching others won't get you so far.

If people judge you, it's THEIR problem, not yours. You can't please everyone in the school, there always will be someone bound to dislike/hate you. I've accepted that fact and now I don't care if someone dislikes me.

Smile, look friendly and approachable BUT don't overdo it otherwise you'll look like a retard. Keep it to a minimum. Importantly, act like yourself. No one likes a tryhard.

First impressions are not everything. I probably had the first impression of being as "quiet and shy" at my new school but then I broke the shell on the second day and now I'm pretty much talkative.

I'm writing this out of boredom early in the morning!

adriano_negr0

HSC
yer I just have to get use to the new people abit then I will talk more and be more outgoing. But ive made afew friends and stuff its good

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)