New super duper student card (1 Viewer)

amber44

HSC
Did everyone get this...

The Student Campus Card pilot. Register now.

Your student card is getting smarter, and we want to give you a sneak peek.

The University is constantly striving to find new services that will improve your experience on campus. As such, we have developed a University of Sydney Student Campus Card with reloadable pre-paid payment functionality.

Your new student card will allow you to make purchases from over 24 million merchant locations worldwide without carrying any cash, access your funds at ATMs and check your balance online.

And best of all, because the Student Campus Card has pre-paid reloadable functionality, you will be using your money, your way!

The University will be trialling this new facility over the coming months commencing 8 October. The trial will be limited to 3,500 students across 16 faculties and we are currently seeking registrations of interest.

Registrations close on 18 September and places are limited, so register now to secure your place.

Those selected to participate in the pilot will be issued with a new student card.

And to ensure this pilot gets off to a great start, we are providing funds to those who can demonstrate knowledge about your student card. In order to be eligible you must, in 25 words or less, explain how the new student card with pre-paid functionality will benefit you as a student.

You must also register for the pilot, be accepted into the pilot, collect your student card and then opt-in online by activating your new student card.

Entries to the free funds competition will be judged on their informative, inventive and creative answers.

The top 5 entries will receive $500 each*
The next best 10 entries will receive $250 each*
The next following best 1000 entries will receive $30 each*

(*The total number of prizes awarded will be dependent on the total number of valid entries received.)

Winning entries will be notified by email to their Sydney Mail account by 15 October. The funds will then be loaded directly into the winning entrants’ Student Campus Cards within 5 business days of notification.

izzy88

HSC
yep. not sure quite what to do about it. sounds weird. student card attached to money- would be good for on campus stuff like food/printing/internet but i don't think i'd ever use it off campus (i guess it would depend on the charges/fees when using it at ATMs, especially overseas etc).

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
so is this some sort of partnership with a bank where the uni gets given huge amounts of money for forcibly signing up its entire student base?

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
Hm, interesting. Sounds like a cross between a student card and an Octopus card.

amber44

HSC
so is this some sort of partnership with a bank where the uni gets given huge amounts of money for forcibly signing up its entire student base?
My thoughts exactly! Probably Mastercard or Visa, whichever one has the less market share.

lala2

Banned
HSC
I applied just for the hell of it. But yeah, I'd be really reluctant to use it off campus. And it does sound dodgy. But whatever. It's free money up for grabs!

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
I applied just for the hell of it. But yeah, I'd be really reluctant to use it off campus. And it does sound dodgy. But whatever. It's free money up for grabs!
More like money diverted from teaching and learning

Raven3333

Jerk
HSC
More like money diverted from teaching and learning

Apparently there is a queer room on campus, when I heard about that I almost blew a fucking fuse knowing that my fees where going towards that.

leisl1990

HSC
that sounds like a consipiracy. i think the uni is probably too much short of money and they wanna turn it to a bank. but i dont think anyone would put money in the uni rather than banks

HSC
that sounds like a consipiracy. i think the uni is probably too much short of money and they wanna turn it to a bank. but i dont think anyone would put money in the uni rather than banks
wtf, what are you thinking, no.

icecoffee

HSC
i don't know if my entry went through. damn, i want free money!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)