New Syllabus Chemistry Textbook Suggestions (1 Viewer)

Manu Mautofh

HSC
Hey there!

I am a student in year 12 (2020) and I am just wondering whether anyone can give me some recommendations on chemistry textbooks or workbooks for the new Syllabus.

Right now, I am looking at purchasing the Dot Point Year 12 HSC chemistry books but am unsure whether it would be help me in achieving my desired marks (90% > )

Thank you.

jazz519

HSC
Uni Grad
Hey there!

I am a student in year 12 (2020) and I am just wondering whether anyone can give me some recommendations on chemistry textbooks or workbooks for the new Syllabus.

Right now, I am looking at purchasing the Dot Point Year 12 HSC chemistry books but am unsure whether it would be help me in achieving my desired marks (90% > )

Thank you.
No textbook will help you get 90+ because studying for the HSC is different from textbooks since it is more application and question focused. Just thought I would mention that (so your main way to get a high mark in it is through practice papers). However, in terms of textbooks I have Pearson Chemistry and I would say it covers the syllabus quite well and a nice thing I like about the textbook is that they give students a worked example / solution of calculation questions

Hithcock

HSC
I would actually recommend against buying the dot-point textbook. Some questions are repetitive and simple imo, and have not been of great use to me. The excel study guide, success one past paper book (2019) and others are really good, as it has questions specifically suited to the style of the HSC.

Arrowshaft

HSC
Pearson is good for calculations but I feel it skimps on theory a bit, that’s why I combine Pearson with Nelson. I also use the ATAR Notes Practice Paper book to do questions from each topic to consolidate on since exam type questions are essential and unfortunately you’ll only have our paper we do this 7th to revise on as past paper material.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)