New Syllabus Consultations - Thoughts? (1 Viewer)

HSC
Uni Grad

Masaken

Unknown Member
HSC
idk about ancient or his ext but modern looks like it's being changed slightly more than english and maths. they've changed the core study topic name to 'democracy and dictatorships' and removed japan's ambitions + league of nations and UN (aka the most mid parts of the topic ngl) and have made it way more focused on nazi germany as the primary case study of how democratic govts move towards dictatorship (which makes sense). can't believe they're considering moving the cuba topic to a national study topic (i did it in year 11) and replaced india with it but it would be a cool case study other than the soviet union that would transition well into the cold war topic in peace + conflict....

interesting how they've slightly changed the time periods for some of the topics so that they're more relevant and closer to modern times, like trump and brexit is studied in one of the options for section iv lol. overall i personally didn't think modern needed a change but sure why not

Interdice

HSC
Who takes Life Skills courses? Like there are a few life skill students in my school. In year 9 there was a girl who is taking life skills courses now. She could speak with the normal students and didn't seem that dumb.

Like why not take Math Standard 1 or English Studies. I wish I could take English Life Skills.

Also kind of morbid question, but what career do these kids have?

carrotsss

HSC
Who takes Life Skills courses? Like there are a few life skill students in my school. In year 9 there was a girl who is taking life skills courses now. She could speak with the normal students and didn't seem that dumb.

Like why not take Math Standard 1 or English Studies. I wish I could take English Life Skills.

Also kind of morbid question, but what career do these kids have?
They're intended for people with disabilities

notme123

HSC
the only major change i can see for maths is introducing 3d vectors in 3u.

in fact most of these syllabi have little to no changes

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)