New Teacher!! (1 Viewer)

princesssfi

breakmystride
HSC
OMG our E2 teacher just resigned. As in the last day of term.

so now we have no mentor and the new teacher they've given us has never taught E2 before...

which kinda sucks because she was the driving force behind our whole class.
ANy advice? i mean, where do we go from here? our teacher was really a mentor, but my friend at another school said her e2 teacher doesn't do much with them...

tez0r

Rawr?
HSC
you could always ask the school for her contact number, which may be a bit wierd but if you think it's worth it, go for it, and she could continue looking at your stuff. Is the new teacher really bad btw? or has she like just transferred?

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
I think you need to do a double take on what your teacher really did for you, as this subject is the most independent one in the HSC, the only thing a teacher for this subject can constructively do anyway is mark your assessments, read your major work and point you in the direction of some useful material. You should be doing the rest yourself really, and you probably have without realising it. That said I do sympathise with you as I'm doing this subject through partial correspondence and it can feel very bewildering not having someone right there to tell you if what you're doing is right, but I realised most of the time I knew anyway and I'm sure you do too :)

Meldrum

Banned
HSC
My teacher is an ass, you can have him...he's a published poet - Foulcher, John.

J

jhakka

kami said:
I think you need to do a double take on what your teacher really did for you, as this subject is the most independent one in the HSC, the only thing a teacher for this subject can constructively do anyway is mark your assessments, read your major work and point you in the direction of some useful material. You should be doing the rest yourself really, and you probably have without realising it. That said I do sympathise with you as I'm doing this subject through partial correspondence and it can feel very bewildering not having someone right there to tell you if what you're doing is right, but I realised most of the time I knew anyway and I'm sure you do too :)
I totally agree. My teacher was there to help us with our own work. He didn't tell us what to do. He made suggestions, read our major works, organised for us to go to information and checked up on where we were up to, but unless we asked for more, that was all we needed him for. I think he did a great job. Very encouraging bloke.

Anyways, the moral of the story: unless you're prepared to do it yourself, it won't happen.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)