New uni mail (1 Viewer)

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
I can now access the emails from the new sydney uni email address from microsoft outlook, but I can't send anything.

POP: outlook.com
SMTP: pod51005.outlook.com(according to the website you gave me)

Is there another outgoing server SMTP I can use?
im using pod51000.outlook.com and it works fine

izzy88

HSC
agh the saga continues. I've tried to get entourage going with the new instructions they've got up now and i'm still not connecting.

I went to the IT access centre today and they fobbed me off onto the 'call microsoft' number, it has nothing to do with us...:mad1:

called microsoft- to which the person on the other end of the phone had no idea why it would not be working since i followed the instructions and then put me on an eternal hold while he 'asked if some others had the same issue'...and never came back.

i wish i could just take my laptop to someone and they could get it working! grrrrr

what am i doing wrong????

Kujah

HSC
N/A
I completely changed the password for my Unikey on the myuni website, and the email service then worked for me :confused:

lala2

Banned
HSC
Seriously, call the hotline at 8am in the morning. They're open and the guy seems more cluey than another guy I got in the middle of the day. He says if you're having trouble transferring all the emails over, it could take up to a week for it to be effective so be patient.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
WTF IS THIS SHIT.

I love it how they have instructions for Entourage - of course - but not for Mail. Because I want to be fucking using Entourage, right? Microsoft douchebags.

izzy88

HSC
WTF IS THIS SHIT.

I love it how they have instructions for Entourage - of course - but not for Mail. Because I want to be fucking using Entourage, right? Microsoft douchebags.
doesn't matter- i can't even get the entourage instructions to work!

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
And I have to change the password I've had for four years because it's "longer than 8 characters".

>:|

HSC
Lisa: Look at the "wonders" of the computer age now.
Homer: Wonders Lisa? Or blunders?
Lisa: I think that was implied by what I said.
Homer: Implied... Or implode?

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
it kept on rejecting my password just a minute ago and i was about to write an angry post about FOR FUCKS SAKE WHY HAS IT CHANGED MY PASSWORD WEEKS AFTER IT WAS INTRODUCED I HATE USYD

...then i realised i had caps lock on. true story.

HSC
so, i use windows live mail, where i have a few hotmail accounts on the one page.

does anyone know how i set up this new email onto that as well? it doesn't seem to want to work like the regular hotmail emails.
it's asking me for some bizzare server settings.

izzy88

HSC
haha i can't believe it. I can't get entourage working when at sydney university (on their internet system)- yet i can when i use another internet server. how utterly ridiculous. the system is insane. i'm not sure what to do now. i live at college so i obviously have to use sydney uni internet yet their instructions don't work with their own system. :rofl:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)