New Webmail (1 Viewer)

iPud

HSC
Hey, the uni has changed the webmail interface. I don't know if it's my account, but when I log in, my emails won't show at all.

I know there's an option to switch to the old interface, but what's the point in them releasing something new if it's not going to work properly!

iPud

HSC
The thing is, the list of emails shows briefly and then it suddenly disappears.

HSC
iamsickofyear12 said:
Why do we need a new webmail interface when the old one works fine.
Purely speculation, but it might be included in the agreement with Mirapoint. Failing that, maybe someone had some spare money and decided it was about time to dump some on the webmail.

Looking at it, the new interface looks to me to resemble mail clients a lot more closely than the previous system (which looked distinctly web-interface), so perhaps the idea was to move it towards that in an attempt to ensure that people can use it more intuitively, based on previous experience. Either that or they just decided it was time for a facelift, whatever, looks alright to me, certainly not losing any sleep over it.

(Don't actually use the web interface for email at all myself, so I don't really care what they do with it)

HSC
hmmm - my webmail interface hsan't changed. Money will be better spent sorting out the sols menu

Last edited:

hfis

Dyslexic Fish
HSC
N/A
iPud said:
but what's the point in them releasing something new if it's not going to work properly!
Are you uhhh... new to UOW by any chance?

iPud

HSC
I sent an email to ITS and it was something to do with Internet Explorer 7, they fixed the problem on their end and I can view the email account fine on my computer now.

IE7 appears to have a few problems with viewing emails through the new
interface. We are working on a fix for this at the moment. In the
meantime you can click the link below the login area to go to the old
interface.

Louisa
ITS Support

Last edited:

glitter burns

the sky is falling
HSC
I hate the changes.
Most of the time it doesn't work, but occasionally it does work but it loads really slowly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)