New York/Chicago (1 Viewer)

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
I may be going to these two places this year (spending a week in each)

if you have been there before recommend cool things to do?

I will also be going alone so preferably places I can meet/meat people and fun stuff I can do if I'm on my lonesome.

McLoving

HSC
go to china town in new york

then do a shit outside in the garden of trump international

spence

HSC
For NY, Central Park is pretty cool, and there's Times Square obviously. Also Broadway shows are pretty awesome. Empire State Building's supposed to be good, but there are long lines. And also, if you're going in the winter, it's fucking freezing (although I imagine Chicago would be worse)

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
lol ur cousins gay. I hated New York. Hated hated hated hated hated it. But I was 12, idk maybe it's better when you're older but I just wanted to leave a day after I got there

chicky_pie

POTATO HEAD ROXON
HSC
I may be going to these two places this year (spending a week in each)

if you have been there before recommend cool things to do?

I will also be going alone so preferably places I can meet/meat people and fun stuff I can do if I'm on my lonesome.
How much are the flight tickets going to be for you?
I'm heading there early next year with friends

ktinn

HSC
While in Chicago, dont go to the fucking opera.

Go to the top of the sears tower, maybe the john hancock building too.

Go to grant park (obama was there) - you cant miss it really.

Go to the museums there - they have the best. Maybe take a tour of the river - they have some really extraordinary architecture.

Just explore the city its a pretty cool place if you can handle the humidity.

chicky_pie

POTATO HEAD ROXON
HSC
While in Chicago, dont go to the fucking opera.

Go to the top of the sears tower, maybe the john hancock building too.

Go to grant park (obama was there) - you cant miss it really.

Go to the museums there - they have the best. Maybe take a tour of the river - they have some really extraordinary architecture.

Just explore the city its a pretty cool place if you can handle the humidity.
How much it cost you to stay in Chicago?

electrolysis

congenital schmuck
HSC
I've been to new york, but not chicago..
@ new york: check out statue of liberty (get there early and then you can go inside and go all they way to the top), wall street when the market is open, watch something on broadway, times sq, central park, empire state building at night, walk around manhattan, etc...

yosemite sam

HSC
Hey I'm doing the same trip next month, a week in chicago and 10 days in new york. when are you thinking of going? i havent done much research on chicago, ive heard the museums are really good and the john hancock building. its hard to find any tourist info on the place.
we got our accommodation on sale for about 85 US a night, which was really good. cant remember how much our new york accom was but it was also quite cheap considering its new york and we're staying 2 blocks from central park, 4 blocks from times square.
for new york - dylans candy store (the biggest in teh world) and the 6th ave markets on saturdays are on our to do list as well as the usual touristy stuff. there are some really good packages taht you can get that let you choose different things to do for a set price and you can save a reasonable amount of money eg the nyc explorer pass lets you choose 3 tours/attractions for $140 and its stuff like cruises around manhattan or the ripleys believe it or not tour and stuff.

the woodbury commons outlets just outside chicago i think it is are supposed to be amazing if youre into designer shopping...uber cheap prada outlets etc. theres 500 stores there i think. there are also packages like the ny city pass that get you into all the normal tourist places (statue of liberty, ellis island, empire state building, guggenheim museum, museum of natural history, museum of modern art, metro museum of art) and you can use it anytime within 9 days for $122 which means that you dont have to line up to buy tickets and stuff. if you ahvent booked accommodation its worth going to a travel agent because they will be able to find stuff thats on sale a lot easier than you can on the internet. does that help? ive done a reasonable amount of planning for our trip so let me know if you hvae any more questions.

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
Hey I'm doing the same trip next month, a week in chicago and 10 days in new york. when are you thinking of going? i havent done much research on chicago, ive heard the museums are really good and the john hancock building. its hard to find any tourist info on the place.
we got our accommodation on sale for about 85 US a night, which was really good. cant remember how much our new york accom was but it was also quite cheap considering its new york and we're staying 2 blocks from central park, 4 blocks from times square.
for new york - dylans candy store (the biggest in teh world) and the 6th ave markets on saturdays are on our to do list as well as the usual touristy stuff. there are some really good packages taht you can get that let you choose different things to do for a set price and you can save a reasonable amount of money eg the nyc explorer pass lets you choose 3 tours/attractions for $140 and its stuff like cruises around manhattan or the ripleys believe it or not tour and stuff.

the woodbury commons outlets just outside chicago i think it is are supposed to be amazing if youre into designer shopping...uber cheap prada outlets etc. theres 500 stores there i think. there are also packages like the ny city pass that get you into all the normal tourist places (statue of liberty, ellis island, empire state building, guggenheim museum, museum of natural history, museum of modern art, metro museum of art) and you can use it anytime within 9 days for $122 which means that you dont have to line up to buy tickets and stuff. if you ahvent booked accommodation its worth going to a travel agent because they will be able to find stuff thats on sale a lot easier than you can on the internet. does that help? ive done a reasonable amount of planning for our trip so let me know if you hvae any more questions.

28th july-3rd august - new york
3rd august-10th august - chicago

and thanks, yeh im definently checking out some of the museums in chicago.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)