• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

New Zealand Hip hop is killing aussie hip hop.... (1 Viewer)

Espo15

Banned
HSC
N/A
Airness said:
Australian hip hop is quite stuck in the gutters lol. The best we could produce to the world is anthony mundine :)
no. [comment]dsafkdjsbg[/comment]

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
Espo15 said:
no. [comment]dsafkdjsbg[/comment]
yo its the man mundine you think my rappings a joke? well you can laugh but ill uppercut you over these ropes and leave your nose broke, i aint playin no games im throwin left right combinations at your rib cage

hahahahah

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
You just seem cut because Australia doesn't have gangsters rapping around sydney and driving fully sick cars. You don't want "hip hop", you want an Australian HipHop Idol.

shady_03

Sue me....
HSC
hiphophorray123 said:
no his not hip hop because he raps about bullshit, his a gimmick and he makes pop rap. He misrepresents what hip hop music is.
tru, (even tho i like them) all the gunit crew is about making "good" music thats basically just a good flow... theres nuttin lyrically ill on the massacre.... just a bunch of good beats, good flow and catchy songz

illmatic

NaS
HSC
shady_03 said:
tru, (even tho i like them) all the gunit crew is about making "good" music thats basically just a good flow... theres nuttin lyrically ill on the massacre.... just a bunch of good beats, good flow and catchy songz

Which is exactly what hip hop began as. An MC and a DJ - the DJ scratching vinyl and the MC randomly saying "hooooooooooo hayyyyyyyy" and random things to get the people moving i.e. party music.

shady_03

Sue me....
HSC
illmatic said:
you mean that only the conscious/ politically motivated shit can be labelled as hip hop?
no, but rapping about fukin chix (candy shop) is nowhere near as important as something like "mosh" or "sing like the moment"

illmatic

NaS
HSC
hiphophorray123 said:
im saying that superficial pop rap shouldn't be labelled as hip hop. It gives it and its true fans a bad name. this is gettin boring.

mate you lost. you're embarrassed as a motherfucker to admit that what you hear on the radio is hip hop. and if you're going by that argument, then half of Ready To Die doesn't qualify as hip hop by ur understanding.

shady_03 said:
no, but rapping about fukin chix (candy shop) is nowhere near as important as something like "mosh" or "sing like the moment"
what about Slick Rick - LaDi DaDi ? This is considered a classic hip hop song. And what is it about? It's just a silly story about some guy wkaing up, dressing himself, saying he's goodlooking, picking up chicks etc... So cos he raps about that it's not hip hop?

I dont get your arguments here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)