New! (1 Viewer)

monique66

Anyone else just start yr. 12? It seems like everyone here just finished it...one things i know for certain i want out! Yr. 11 was okay but yr. 12 is well, yr. 12 and it seems like such a big deal. I think i'm actually gonna study for my assessments this year instead of bludging around...but i'm prone to procrastination so i might not get round to it. We'll see...

hfis

Dyslexic Fish
HSC
N/A
I just finished. Say what you will about your aspirations to begin studying, I find most people (myself included) follow the following pattern:

Year 11: Ok, I didn't study this year, but now the serious stuff starts. I'm going to study every week and do all my homework.

Half Yearlys: Ok, I didn't quite study before or during the half yearlys, but it's all good. If I can get some decent study in between now and the trials, I'll be laughing.

Trial HSC: Oh fuck my trial results were shithouse, I should've studied.. 6 weeks to go, I think I can do every topic within that time frame. Yeah.

StuVac: I WISH I STUDIED, AGHHH. I'm fucked for the HSC. Oh well, nothing beats cramming I suppose...

monique66

I suppose, i just hate studying, it ruins time for other things...mmm...like sleeping...who wants to study when you could sleep? or better yet eat...

fine ambiguity

almost there
HSC
Mmm... sleep...

Ah yes, despite my good intentions for this year and next... I still have 4 assessments due in two weeks and haven't started on one... (ancient history, a speech and a portfolio for english and english ext 2 proposal).

"Next year, I will do all assessment tasks the moment I get them..."

spooky's.gal

HSC
best thing that you can do to help you study:
- have all fun things taken away
- cut all contact with anyone interesting
- get your mum, dad, sis, bro or someone suitably annoying to constantly bitch at you to get studying ALL THE TIME, and to bring you rewards when you do, ie chocolate, cake, cookies etc
- talk to people who just failed their hsc
NB. this is most effective when used around the time you get ur half-yearly's back and have screwed them all up.

MasterP

Come to Daddy
HSC
fine ambiguity said:
Mmm... sleep...

Ah yes, despite my good intentions for this year and next... I still have 4 assessments due in two weeks and haven't started on one... (ancient history, a speech and a portfolio for english and english ext 2 proposal).

"Next year, I will do all assessment tasks the moment I get them..."
Heh, I came so close to failing year 11 because I waited too long on handing in assignments. Said the exact same thing. Lucky for me, so far I've stuck to it.

Good advise to stick to: Do assignments as soon as you get them. You'll get them out of the way, and if you're not happy with 'em than you've still got alot of time to make them better.

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
i can't help procrastinating. its infectious. i had an ancient history assesment task to do today. i only started studying for it on sunday, which was yesterday. i had to get accustomed to my friend hardcore cramming once again. argh..i have my maths advanced test on this friday and another 2 assesment tasks next week. i'm just amazed why my school doesn't employ an assesment week, though of course there is positives and negatives in implementing this system.

Danoz The Great

HSC
Yeah I've just started year 12, and so far I've really knuckled down.
It's only a matter of time before I start slacking off...

So far I'm just cruising, that'll end soon

s0k0y0e0

HSC
I'm in yr 12!

Heya!

I'm in yr 11/12! So you're definatley not the only one!

I know exactly what you guys mean about procrastination, but I think it's just part of being at school!

I'm also like some of you's gonna actually try in year 12! I don't want to dissapoint or embarress myself!

Just a msge to all you people in here who have recently started year 12!

Try not to get too stressed over year 12!
I know like you that schools and SOME parents make such a BIG deal bout the HSC but really, it's not the bee all and end all! Once you've done it, people don't really pay much attention to it (unless your trying to get directly into a course at uni- but even then some uni's don't care) and don't work yourself up too much!

At the end of the day, you just need to make sure you are enjoying yourself and are happy and safe!
I, aswell as I think heaps of people, don't want people getting too stressed about the HSC and things going wrong!

If you feel down or overwhelmed, speak to some1 bout it, even if it's a counsellor! It may be embarressing at first, but just think, it could save your life, and/ or take heaps of stress off you!

Sorry for preaching! Just want every1 to keep well and live a happy life!

Have fun at school,
me!

hyperbole

i LURRVE to exaggerate.
HSC
I'm in Year 11/12...well the first term of Year 12. And no matter how many times I tell myself to start assessments immediately, it never happens. I do the research, but then I don't look at it until a week before its due. I think I can get passed the procrastination, its the TV that I can't get passed. I don't know why, but I'm addicted, and I can't not sit around and not watch TV. Whenever I do my homework, its around TV, and it gets so distracting. TV is evil I tell you...EVIL!!
Anyway, any suggestions about how to stop watching TV besides the 'switching all the TVs in the house off' because that won't work because I can't deprive other family members of enjoying TV.

Thanks.

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
hyperbole said:
I'm in Year 11/12...well the first term of Year 12. And no matter how many times I tell myself to start assessments immediately, it never happens. I do the research, but then I don't look at it until a week before its due. I think I can get passed the procrastination, its the TV that I can't get passed. I don't know why, but I'm addicted, and I can't not sit around and not watch TV. Whenever I do my homework, its around TV, and it gets so distracting. TV is evil I tell you...EVIL!!
Anyway, any suggestions about how to stop watching TV besides the 'switching all the TVs in the house off' because that won't work because I can't deprive other family members of enjoying TV.

Thanks.
shove your foot into the TV each time you feel the need to watch TV. if your family asks just comment something about the HSC. if they get a new plasma TV, do the same thing, and repeat the comment about the HSC. :D

fine ambiguity

almost there
HSC
hyperbole said:

Thanks.
Start deluding yourself that everything on TV is crap and not worth watching anyway.

Oh... wait...

:p

!! CaR`JiE !!

cäяяoт ^^'
HSC
hyperbole said:

Thanks.
get ur family keep reminding u about hsc, "go back to ur room!" "no t.v for u" like when ure grounded =)

HSC
i'm the opposite to u guys, i'm scaring myself... Did so well in year 11 and now when it really matters....yes, that's right, i start watching the price is right and deal or no deal every day of the week :eek: If i were a chook right now, i'd be done :uhhuh:
I'm sooo worn out, but oh well, waiting for motivation to really kick in...ah, there it goes :)

HSC
and p.s. at first i was seriously freakin out when all our teachers say every 2 minutes "You'll need this for your HSC" or "That'll be a 10 mark question in the HSC"...but i'm so over it now! i reckon they should just tattoo those 3 letters on all our heads...that'll just save their breath for cooling their coffee... :cool:

TimeAndTide

Kage Bunshin No Jutsu
HSC
Are you guys getting tired? I'm just so worn out after everyday. I have to study up to at least one now, and i usually sleep for 2 hours when i get home. Craphouse.

Jaydels

HSC
I didn't try at all in yr 11, so I promised myself I would make an effort for yr 12. So far i have stuck to it, which is really unlike me, and I'm not sure how long it will last. I know what you mean about being tired, I've been staying up til like 11 to finish my homework, then get up at 5:30 to do some study. I can see improvements though, which is motivating me to continue and strive to achieve a little more.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)