Newb to the workforce (1 Viewer)

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
In a resume, what are you meant to include besides personal details and referees if you haven't had any experience in the workforce? Do you still put in a heading "Employment History": N/A or do you just leave out the heading entirely? I did community work back in Year 10 and a few charity collections, but that's about all I've done thus far...

kalli

HSC
~ ReNcH ~ said:
In a resume, what are you meant to include besides personal details and referees if you haven't had any experience in the workforce? Do you still put in a heading "Employment History": N/A or do you just leave out the heading entirely? I did community work back in Year 10 and a few charity collections, but that's about all I've done thus far...
put in your results.... have you done any volunteer work? or work experience? if you have, put that in...

also might be a good idea to put in skills....

if you havent done ANYTHING (but im sure you can think of something) then i would leave it out....

any other thoughts?

sarevok

HSC
Be creative, if you can't think of anything, make stuff up. This is if you're applying for shitty retail positions where they're not likely to care, not advised if you're applying for something more serious obviously.

G

Gavvvvvin

Yeah just make up untracable shit, ala charity work, src member, member of school fundraising commitee :p

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
sarevok said:
Be creative, if you can't think of anything, make stuff up. This is if you're applying for shitty retail positions where they're not likely to care, not advised if you're applying for something more serious obviously.
So in another words it would be ok if were applying for something like Maccas, as opposed to Macquarie Bank? :p

bscienceboi

HSC
N/A
If you have no previous work experience then you must include/attach your last set of school results.

Anthrax

HSC
N/A
bscienceboi said:
If you have no previous work experience then you must include/attach your last set of school results.
thats not good...

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
They're more interested in the comments not the marks- ie. attitude. I'll put it this way, if you're a good person at school (helping people, communicates well, focuses in class as opposed to distracting people) then that could translate into a good work ethic which a company/business wants- however if you're a jerk at school and piss everybody off...... well... But I'm sure you're not that =]

But you sure you've never done any work before? I put Young Achievers and yr10 work experience down on my resume, charity stuff comes under extra curricular but if work experience is empty I guess you could put it there too. I'd rather not put a heading in if it's empty- but whatever you do- don't lie. You can embellish but not lie.... but sigh, if you do choose to make something up; don't say you worked somewhere where you'd get paid because then they might wonder why you don't have your ex-boss/manager as a referee.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
community work, charity collections, put them all in
think of what they taught you and also what you learn in subjects and see if you can weed out any skills you have
if you play a team sport, you can put teamwork as a skill. if they ask you about it be prepared with an example of how you worked as a team during sport. similarly for group assignments.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)