Newcastle Interview? (1 Viewer)

Breakingthegirl

HSC
i was just curious to read if any BOS'ers have recieved a letter from Newy Uni with regards to med interviews?
my friend got one yesterday...
i am still waiting to hear from them...
congrats if you got a possitive reply!
...now back to math past papers

kcchippy

HSC
Yeah...I'm "waiting" haha although I don't think I'll get in, kinda screwed UMAT. Oh well I'll try again next year and the year after that as a grad student, but yeah i really wanna get into UWS so badly, it'd be so convenient being a westie myself. Anyways, good luck with your HSC! I'm sure you'll do really well :D!

Breakingthegirl

HSC
hehe i kinda screwed my UMAT as well...but heck at least we tried!
I applied for UWS med as well...it would be good. however, i am not from sydney and i haven't seen the university at all...it would be quite the little adventure if i did get in! lol

Fingers crossed for us both! :)

Phuman

HSC
for newcastle med, the course is only b medicine, not B med + b surgery like all the other unis that offer med? i heard that it doesn't matter and they're treated the same after they graduate anyway, did anyone else hear anything about this?

also waiting for maill...:S

modezero

HSC
Apparently, the cutoffs were 187 for non-rural and 163 for rural.
Hope that clears any anxiety.

Spon888

HSC
modezero said:
Did the University actually release the cutoff? I've also heard of this figure, but I wonder where it comes from, because you shouldn't actually know unless the Uni releases them

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
Phuman said:
for newcastle med, the course is only b medicine, not B med + b surgery like all the other unis that offer med? i heard that it doesn't matter and they're treated the same after they graduate anyway, did anyone else hear anything about this?

also waiting for maill...:S
LOL

ok ... yeah most unis offer MB,BS or BM,BS
this is just the old names.. in latin and/or english
and it jsut looks nicer but other than that newcaslte

u can basically call ure course anything... as long as the words medicine are in there

Hurri

HSC
they're exactly the same! i called them up last year. I think they should just change the bloody thing.

lol 187.

Vampire

KOLLARZUP!!
HSC
187 is pretty damn tank..so let me get this straight - once you get an interview at UNCLE, it's all down to the interview? I heard the uai is irrelevant as soon as you get above 93...

moz

Med Student
HSC
hi all!

first let me say that Uni of Newcastle most definitely doesnt release cutoffs, because they change from year to year depending who applies and what marks the applicants get... its same as UAI/UAC.. top applicants get in.. thus law could hypothetically go down to 60 if noone wanted to do it, and same with med interviews... of course ppl do want to do it so they stay high... anyways, my point is no the faculty hasnt released any cutoffs and anything u've heard is conjecture... it might be close to truth (i have no idea) but it isnt from the faculty.

(you might ask how I know this? because I went up and talked to faculty and Tracey said they havent released cutoffs)

as for MBBS/B. Med... yes most definitely exactly the same. reason for B. Med was because when newy started it was a brand new style of course, and so to differentiate its graduates they choose to have different degree name. thus B. Med was supposed to be more prestigious, these days though ppl get the opposite idea cause they dont understand history.

and yes interview offers have gone out, Interviews will be from 6th November-8th December. If you got one, congrats, I'll prob see you there on the day :)

-jeram

t1801

HSC
Barbarossa said:
wow yours is early mines not untill the 6th of dec or something!!!
mine is on the 6th too. what time did you get?

dreamer17

HSC
modezero said:

ok, bear with me guys, but what exactly does it mean by cutoffs? is that the number of people they take in?

and is the UMAT mark out of 250?

Bob.J

ZoOm
HSC
dreamer17 said:
ok, bear with me guys, but what exactly does it mean by cutoffs? is that the number of people they take in?

and is the UMAT mark out of 250?

that's the umat score cutoff (all 3 section scores added up), out of 300. It's the scaled score so that you can compare umat scores from 06 with 05' etc.
they take 400 interviewees every year.

you can find out the cut off score by calling up the newc med faculty

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)