• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Newcastle Uni - turning shit. (1 Viewer)

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Is he the kinda nerdy guy with curly hair?

Personally, I would never in a million years do HUBS for the joy of it. But, that being said, I am totally biased because of my pure and utter loathing of the discipline.

I don't know how relevant it will be to your degree or career, so I really can't answer your question. Best bet will be to see how you go with it, then make your decision, consulting your Programme Convenor if need be.

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Captain Gh3y said:
The worst thing about the uni is the students. All my lecturers are excellent, and they'd be even more so if the morons in the lectures would shut the fuck up sometimes.
Yeah, there is one subject that I do where a few people talk so loud that it is like you are outside and the lecturer does nothing. Pretty rude if you ask me:mad:.

em_516

bludging..
HSC
i can't remember who said it now, but why is orange anti-racist?
and i like my lecturers and tutors and stuff, they're pretty alright except for one of my courses, and that only sucks because the information is dry no matter how you present it

Emily.

Pro-VSU
HSC
yeh i have nothing wrong with the uni itself or the lecturers (except for the economics lecturers and 2030 lecturer) just the people suck. except me.

PrincessSJ

Work. Inn. Buy Shoes
HSC
Harmony Day is a government initiative that they put in place to look like they are anti-racist.... basically they threw a whole stack of money at "harmony day" and have a nice website to show for it... thats it

Just Click It

HSC
Actually, today was a little bit hard. Our harmony lecturer presumed the class could picture in their mind positions of chords relative to others --> voice leading would be appropriete. I could sorta do it, though it took a while... and the ability to do it didn't come from class, but practicing cello and hearing intervals, chords and leading, etc.

I'd hate to be a singer in his class :(

Cyph

espresso me up!
HSC
hipsta_jess said:
So, that explains why the OT UAI cutoff for Newcastle is constantly 10-20 points higher than every other uni in the state?
One degree is not reflective of the Uni.

Look at our law cut off compared to Sydney.. same goes for commerce, eco, business, finance, computer-related degrees, etc.

mrbassman

0.38 posts per day...meh
HSC
yeah but our engineering shits all over theirs

lourai*87

~"*_*"~
HSC
hipsta_jess said:
Is he the kinda nerdy guy with curly hair?

Personally, I would never in a million years do HUBS for the joy of it. But, that being said, I am totally biased because of my pure and utter loathing of the discipline.

I don't know how relevant it will be to your degree or career, so I really can't answer your question. Best bet will be to see how you go with it, then make your decision, consulting your Programme Convenor if need be.
Yeah thats him. I think he got kinda cranky today when no-one participated. I dont think our group is very invovled lol.

em_516

bludging..
HSC
The_highwayman said:
orange was the colour of harmony day (a day dedicated to the fight against racism), which i mentioned a couple of posts back...
haha dude, that explained nothing..i'm aware it's the colour of harmony day..but WHY? but anyway, silvermoon's idea sounds good enough considering i don't hugely care anymore :)

em_516

bludging..
HSC
haha, i try not to go on at uni, unless there's either no one behind me or only a few people hehe

jess has already found too many people without revealing her identity :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)