Next generation consoles (PS5 and Xbox Series X) (1 Viewer)

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Anyone excited about these?

I have to admit they both seem a bit 'meh' in terms of launch titles but I'm optimistic about the Xbox and it's full backwards compatibility. Whilst I realise there aren't going to be console exclusives which I can't get on PC, I do love TV gaming.

HSC
N/A
Coming from someone who plays most of his games on PC, I love TV gaming too. I could never imagine playing a game like FIFA on anything but a console.

Next generation consoles do seem somewhat exciting but not sure I'll be upgrading.

#RoadTo31Atar

HSC
Consoles are becoming too expensive especially with having to pay to use your own internet to play online which is true for last gen too obv. New games cost way too much and I think the disc drive PS5 is supposed to be around 800 or 750 on release. I feel like it's a lot cheaper to just upgrade ur pc than to buy a next gen console also because you can do more than play games on a computer. Nothing stops you from connecting a computer to a tv and using a controller either just like a console so idk. Controllers kinda suck too compared to mouse and keyboard imo.

I have a GTX780TI and an intel 6500 CPU with 8GB ram and I don't feel like I need to upgrade even though my graphics card is like 8 years old. Just the initial purchase of a console is prob more expensive than my computer rn and consoles don't even do 144hz and don't have cs go which is like the only game I play and I wouldn't play it with a controller anyway.

So no consoles for me

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
unless you play live multiplayer with your mates or are a child who uses a switch, consoles are for schmucks

cosmo 2

the head cheese
HSC
xbawks looks like a subwoofer

stupid name too

they use pretty much the same architecture and have the same games

consoles used to be way different in the 90s/2000s in that they each had a library of exclusives and used greatly different architecture which affected performance and what kinds of games they could run

only nintendo differentiates its console offerings anymore otherwise why buy either xbawks or ps theyre just pcs now

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
As someone who plays on both PC and Switch as well, I actually preordered a Series X (got launch shipment with EB) because I thought it was a nice way to upgrade my 1X, keep all my games/accessories/controllers/arcade stick and get a better experience on them, get the latest games, couch gaming at 4K on my TV, and I'm already an Ultimate Game Pass subscriber thanks to a $1 conversion I did a while back.

I think initially I wasn't planning to go for a console this gen, or if I did, it would be a PS5 for the exclusives, since most games come out on PC anyway and my PC setup is still relatively decent but not cutting edge (3700x/2080Ti/64gb/49")... but I found that gaming on PC always ends up feeling like more effort trying to get optimal settings, make sure drivers are updated, trying to work out my controller doesn't work, optimising FPS, etc... and I miss the simplicity of console gaming at times. In the end it comes down to genre though as FPS and RTS both are awkward on anything other than a PC but casual sports/racing/platformer games just seem much more suited... and since most games are cross platform and Xbox seems to be winning the hardware spec race this time around, I thought it seemed to be a rational choice. I'll probably get the PS5 later once Gran Turismo comes out though.

I post this as I'm about to sit down and play some CSGO after playing Crash Bandicoot 4 on Xbox for an hour earlier today :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)