.. . . . .next question... (1 Viewer)

skypryn

sexual robot
HSC
N/A
ok these might sound poofy but

1.) can you refer to australia as our/we in essays?

2.) are cash rates and interest rates the same?

3.) when changes in interest rates are discussed in economics, do they refer to the interest on loans to the bank (personal investment) or loans from the bank (personal debt)?

AGB / ruka / anyone?

AGB

HSC
Originally posted by skypryn
ok these might sound poofy but

1.) can you refer to australia as our/we in essays?

2.) are cash rates and interest rates the same?

3.) when changes in interest rates are discussed in economics, do they refer to the interest on loans to the bank (personal investment) or loans from the bank (personal debt)?

AGB / ruka / anyone?
1) it's better if you dont....u really should not be saying 'we' or 'our' at all in your essays

2) the cash rate is what the rba sets, and interest rates are what normal banks set and are also what we pay

3) i am not sure what u r saying....but when economists talk about changes in interest rates, they are referring to movements in the official cash rate....this affects a whole range of things (covered in topic 4), so i think the answer to your question is both

santaslayer

HSC
1) yea u should be using 3rd person
2) cash rate is what rba sets for banks, i/r are what banks set to gain profit
3)they refer to both interest gained and interest owned if i am understanding ur question correctly

eeyore

Definately DO NOT refer to Australia as we or our. You should be writing formally, and in 3rd person.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)