Nexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxt (1 Viewer)

alez

feel like an angel
HSC
Pwnage101 said:
hey guys, can someone help me with something thats buggiong me - what was 'the contribution of einstein to quanum theory and its relation to black body radiation'?

i can explain how einstein explained the photoelectric effect, but i cant explain how he helped explain BB Radiation - i though that was all planck????

help much appreciated!!!
in short, with his theory ofrelativity einstein expanded on plancks bb radiation theory (light in 'packets' on energy) and put forward that light existed as quanta.

Pwnage101

HSC
N/A
helper said:
Link is that he took Plank's idea and applied it to light. This meant it wasn't a property of the blackbody producing quantised eneergy amounts but it was a property of the energy that meant it had to be emitted in quanta. He gave a physical meaning to the quanta being emitted by the black body.
oh, so planck's hypothesis was that ONLY BB radiatioon was quantised, and itt was like a special feature of BB radiation, whereas einstein showed that quantisation applied to all EM radiation in other scenarios as well (thru photoelectric effect) and thus wasnt just a property of BB radiation - it was a property of LIGHT and other EMR which was simply observed in BB radiation, just as it was in photoelectric effect

am i on the right trak???

also, just want to ask- if asked how plank's hypothesis explains Bb radiation, i know to talk about quantisation of energy - discrete packets - explained observed phenomenon,b but do we have to mention WHY the intensity vs Wavelength graph looks like it does compared to classical predictions, and HOW EXACTLY quantisation explains this ???

Pwnage101

HSC
N/A
alez said:
in short, with his theory ofrelativity einstein expanded on plancks bb radiation theory (light in 'packets' on energy) and put forward that light existed as quanta.
uh, STOR was in the 'space' topic, dont think it has much to do with quantisation

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)