Ngo and sons Extension 1 (1 Viewer)

skr1xl

HSC
Hi, if anybody who is currently takes math extension in ngo and sons, how is it? and why should I consider it, please give me as much reasons and info as it will greatly help me.

Thanks!

TankKuno

HSC
I did take it for yr 11 and 12 at Parramatta accelerated under Mr Mai, recently stopped going cos i graduate this year but there are a bunch of pros and cons.

Pros:
- you learn content earlier based on you schools syllabus order but that basically allows you to learn and understand the content at an earlier stage
- ext 1 questions they give in class and for homework range from the easy repetitive questions and then range to more difficult questions
- Mr Mai's teaching is on the better side, talking in a tone where you can't shift focus, he interacts with the class and most importantly he gives a lot of advice on school, career choices and lifestyle choices.
- You take exams/quizes to refresh your knowledge etc
- pricing i would say is decent

Cons:
- Homework processes is so stress inducing and if you miss a week, your parents get called
- Homework sometimes is excessive
- if you take 3U and 4U accelerated, ur classes are back to back (may change or be different at other centres but for parra, my classes were from 4:15-8:50, somtimes past 9 due to exam taking a long time etc)
- sometimes questions can be too repetitive
- since u are enrolled in classes, soemtimes the kids in ur class can excessively talk to the teacher during class time
- soemtimes you get yelled at

Thats all I can think of at the moment, if you have any other questions/comments please dont hesistate to reach out :D

synthesisFR

School Spirit Skit 1
HSC
I did take it for yr 11 and 12 at Parramatta accelerated under Mr Mai, recently stopped going cos i graduate this year but there are a bunch of pros and cons.

Pros:
- you learn content earlier based on you schools syllabus order but that basically allows you to learn and understand the content at an earlier stage
- ext 1 questions they give in class and for homework range from the easy repetitive questions and then range to more difficult questions
- Mr Mai's teaching is on the better side, talking in a tone where you can't shift focus, he interacts with the class and most importantly he gives a lot of advice on school, career choices and lifestyle choices.

Cons:
- Homework processes is so stress inducing and if you miss a week, your parents get called
- if you take 3U and 4U accelerated, ur classes are back to back (may change or be different at other centres but for parra, my classes were from 4:15-8:50, somtimes past 9 due to exam taking a long time etc)
- since u are enrolled in classes, soemtimes the kids in ur class can excessively talk to the teacher during class time

Thats all I can think of at the moment, if you have any other questions/comments please dont hesistate to reach out :D
i think u were in my class for 4 u

TankKuno

HSC
0-0 i donnnttt know what urrr talking abouttttt

linoloml_

HSC

Pros:

Cons:

Hi there!
Exactly how far ahead was NGO compared to your school? By what month did they complete the syllabus and start with hsc mock papers?
Did they take classes during the summer and if so, how much did they finish during that period?

Last edited:

Susu123

HSC
honestly depends on teacher cuz mr mai is sooooooo gooooood but some other teachers are really slow and boring - oh and in senior years its not mandatory to do homework anymore so thats fun. overall the resources are mid but its still helpful enough if u dedicate ur time with doing extra work sometimes

reikirn

HSC
honestly depends on teacher cuz mr mai is sooooooo gooooood but some other teachers are really slow and boring - oh and in senior years its not mandatory to do homework anymore so thats fun. overall the resources are mid but its still helpful enough if u dedicate ur time with doing extra work sometimes
Is the homework thing actually true??

Susu123

HSC
thats... not good dude 💀 whole point in tutoring is to get used to content before it arrives in schools. If you don't actively apply what you learn from tutor, it's only a matter of time be4 you'll forget everything.
lol ik but sometimes we go things in tutoring after we've done them at school so i just give up, i do thru those questions before exams and stuff anyways. im planning to start regularly doing it when classes start again tho wish me luck

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)