NIDA, UWS or CSU??? (1 Viewer)

trina233

oh..hahaha
HSC
yeah, well got my email application back, 28th of Nov.. is anybody else losing steam with the studying secter because of the huge anticipation with NIDA. I am very excited. Oh Hoorah~, good luck everybody and I hope to meet some of you there if your on the same day.

Kean

HSC
Hey Trina I also have my NIDA audition on the 28th of Nov, but its in Brisbane. Where abouts are you auditioning.

Well obviously I've applied to NIDA but I have also applied to VCA and QUT. I just sent them off today actually.

Im a bit nervous because us HSC people dont really have a long time to prepare but one of my audition pieces for NIDA and VCA is my HSC monologue.

ritchwitch

I was thinking of using my HSC monologue but it doesn't really work because of the time limit so I am forced to learn another in the week after my exams end (because drama is of course on the very last day) end. I'm lucky thought because it looks like if I choose properly I can use one monologue for a couple of auditions. I've applied at QUT, UQ, UWS and CSU but I'm a bit worried about the CSU audition because the times clash with QUT (can't be in sydney and The Gold Coast at the same time now can we). I think I'll end up sending them a video because they're the only school that I've read allows that, it sux though because that means that I don't really have the opportunity to talk to the 'judges' and everything, I think it'll spoil my chances there but I really want to go to either QUT or UWS so maybe I shouldn't be so stressed about it ... but there's still that nagging little fact that I might not get either and will end up without a uni to go to :( I'll just have to wait and see...

For the previous commenter who's name I can't remember because I was silly and pressed the reply button instead of quote UoW is University of Woollongong... why do I think I've spelt that wrong?

niteshade1312

HSC
keep in mind NIDA doesn't usually take people right out of HSC, they always look for mature adults..

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
niteshade1312 said:
keep in mind NIDA doesn't usually take people right out of HSC, they always look for mature adults..
they used to not admit ANYONE who just finished the hsc, but recently theyve become more interesting in the younger applicants. i know two people who got accepted last year right out of high school. you do have to be 18 though, and relatively mature.

Kean

HSC
If I dont get it atleast i can say I tried. Of course our HSC monologues are longer but you only do a section of it.

ritchwitch

Kean said:
If I dont get it atleast i can say I tried. Of course our HSC monologues are longer but you only do a section of it.
Yeah, what I meant was that my monologue was barely coherant at 8 minutes (because it was based on the novel 'Mists of Avalon' by Marion Zimmer Bradely and required a little explanation of the story within). If I cut it down to 2 it would just be a jumble of words to those watching. Good luck with your audition!

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
i wish i had given myself more time with preparations. ive only got 5 days after the exams to get ready for the audition.

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
NIDA...i always wanted to go there..

spose its too late now..
that and my school marks are shit

Kean

HSC
mr_brightside said:
NIDA...i always wanted to go there..

spose its too late now..
that and my school marks are shit
I'm not sure if NIDA would accept students from Istanbul LOL

Kean

HSC
Maybe you could start your own? Im sure you could find a way to make a Certificate saying: "To Mr Brightside Congratualtions! You are a certified Master of Dramatic Art"

mr_brightside

HSC
Kean said:
Maybe you could start your own? Im sure you could find a way to make a Certificate saying: "To Mr Brightside Congratualtions! You are a certified Master of Dramatic Art"
i cudz! maybe i cud be an actor

*looks profoundely into the distance*

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
you cant audition if you arent 18 dan. try next year, school marks have no bearing on selection.

mr_brightside

HSC
AlleyCat said:
you cant audition if you arent 18 dan. try next year, school marks have no bearing on selection.
oh...thats good I suppose..
cause next year i shall be 18 and i will prepare and good to hear about the school marks :uhhuh:

trina233

oh..hahaha
HSC
more decisions

Kean said:
Hey Trina I also have my NIDA audition on the 28th of Nov, but its in Brisbane. Where abouts are you auditioning.

Well obviously I've applied to NIDA but I have also applied to VCA and QUT. I just sent them off today actually.

Im a bit nervous because us HSC people dont really have a long time to prepare but one of my audition pieces for NIDA and VCA is my HSC monologue.
oh kean, im in sydney. :(
oh shit im getting nervous now. Guys, we are supposed 2 hav 3 monologues prepared right? 2 to act and 1 more if u make ift through to the 2nd and deciding audition... I've got two from the nida list, but i waat 2 do something different but easy for the 3rd.. what about a song, somewhat adapeted into a monologue or used in bth singing and spoken word....? or are they supposed to be stricked monologues?
hmm....

ritchwitch

trina233 said:
I've got two from the nida list, but i waat 2 do something different but easy for the 3rd.. what about a song, somewhat adapeted into a monologue or used in bth singing and spoken word....? or are they supposed to be stricked monologues?
hmm....
They tend to advise against 'self devised' pieces which I think includes working songs like that. It'd probably cause you less stress aswell if you just found a scripted piece, maybe an Australian piece because the schools seem to be focusing on those ???

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
trina233 said:
oh shit im getting nervous now. Guys, we are supposed 2 hav 3 monologues prepared right? 2 to act and 1 more if u make ift through to the 2nd and deciding audition... I've got two from the nida list, but i waat 2 do something different but easy for the 3rd.. what about a song, somewhat adapeted into a monologue or used in bth singing and spoken word....? or are they supposed to be stricked monologues?
hmm....
dont do poetry or song. just do a short 2 minute monologue from a play you like. preferrably stay in your age group and gender, and try and pick something funny or unusual to make you stand out from the crowd.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)