Nigerian senator marries little girl; it's OK since Muhammad the pedophile did it (1 Viewer)

jarkler

HSC
BBC News - Nigerian senator Sani denies marrying girl of 13

A Nigerian senator accused of marrying a 13-year-old Egyptian girl says he has done nothing wrong.

Ahmad Sani Yerima, 49, told the BBC that his fourth wife was not 13, but would not say how old she was.

He denied breaking the law but said he would not respect any law that contradicted his religious beliefs.

The Nigerian senate ordered an investigation after complaints from women's groups but the senator said he did not care what the groups thought.
The senator said he had followed "standard rules for marriage in Islam".

"I don't care about the issue of age since I have not violated any rule as far as Islam is concerned," he said.

"History tells us that Prophet Muhammad did marry a young girl as well. Therefore I have not contravened any law. Even if she is 13, as it is being falsely peddled around.

"If I state the age, they will still use it to smear Islam," he said.
The BBC's Caroline Duffield in Lagos says newspaper reports of the marriage have created a storm among human rights groups.

"As a Muslim, as I always say, I consider God's law and that of his prophet above any other law," Mr Sani said.

"I will not respect any law that contradicts that and whoever wants to sanction me for that is free to do that."
He is carrying on the tradition from Muhammad the illiterate pedophile:

As the hadith of Sahih al-Bukhari, 7.62.88, tells us:
"The Prophet wrote the (marriage contract) with 'Aisha while she was six years old and consummated his marriage with her while she was nine years old and she remained with him for nine years (i.e. till his death)."

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)