Nightfill in Coles and Woolies pay rate (1 Viewer)

nathalia

HSC
Hi

I'm 24 years old and I'm currently working in Woolies as a PART-TIME night fill. My pay rate is $15.15 per hour and I don't get penalty rate even though I work beyond midnight or weekends. It's only work CASUAL people.

I just wondering if anyone works in Coles. Do they have the same pay rate? And do they have penalty rate if they work beyond midnight or is it the same with Woolies?

Thank you

Zozo6969

HSC
pretty sure that part timers get penalty rates on sundays and public holidays (at coles). Dunno bout the past midnight thingy but.

fnkychk

HSC
N/A
there are penalty rates at woolworths for working between 12pm and 5am.

Scanorama

HSC
nathalia said:
Hi

I'm 24 years old and I'm currently working in Woolies as a PART-TIME night fill. My pay rate is $15.15 per hour and I don't get penalty rate even though I work beyond midnight or weekends. It's only work CASUAL people.

I just wondering if anyone works in Coles. Do they have the same pay rate? And do they have penalty rate if they work beyond midnight or is it the same with Woolies?

Thank you
At Woolies, you definitely get penalty rate even if you are permanent part time. You get 30% more between 12am - 5am on weekdays and 100% on weekend, not sure about Sunday night/early Monday morning, I hardly ever work on Sunday. Unless you are on salary, then it'd be a different story.

isograph

HSC
nathalia said:
Hi

Thank you
Why do you only get $15.15 an hour when you're 24??
Im 20 and just got a casual nightfill job at coles and get $19.64

tennille

HSC
Because she is a part-timer. For casuals, the base wage rate is equal to what part-timers of the same age receive. The difference is that casuals get extra loading on their pay (eg. my base wage rate is $13.37, but because I'm a casual, I get loading on top of that, so my wage is $16.04). You should be getting penalty rates for working past midnight, Sundays and public holidays.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)