pb

Inside The Hollow
HSC
i just got a job as a nightfill person at big w
does anyone know what thats like?

Purp|e

miesynth
HSC
haha yes... i did nightfill at big w all of last year. its pretty good, and flexible - when i was doing it as a casual, i'd just ring up on the nights i wanted to work.

as expected, the work is kinda repetitive and boring, but there are ways to make it fun ... especially if you're working with cool people.

nightfill didnt fit in with my uni stuff though, so luckily im now doing customer service :)

oh, btw... which big w?

pb

Inside The Hollow
HSC
ohh.. repetitive and boring is alright lol .. i hope im with cool ppl
i chose nightfill cuz i think it will fit better with the way i wanna make my uni timetable and stuff... customer service would be more fun though i reckon lol

its the new liverpool big w

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
I've done it for 3 months in the past. If you have easy going people, then it won't be too bad.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
Do you apply for nightfill online or can you walk into the store and ask them directly? I'm asking because the online process takes ages dosen't it? I would prefer nightfill because I would suit my uni timetable.

karlsattler

HSC
I have just recently got a job doing nightfill at safeway. The manager is such an idiot that he rostered all the new staff on when the biggest load of the week was comming in. I am talking about 3 new staff (including me) and 3 full timers. The load was FOUR/4 times bigger than the normalish sized loads that we were told to expect. So as you can imagine we did not fill the complete load onto the shelfs. We are now the worst in the world to the shitty day staff. Us new staff had NEVER done this b4 so we had to be trained. How stuffed up is that? To top that off i range up and got an extra shift the next night and i thought it was great until i saw the f heads that i will be working with (so stuck up and arrogant) and it was down hill from there. I did my job and was ridiculed for it. Your to slow, write codes here, etc. I HAVE ONLY JUST BLOODY STARTED. SO WHY DO THEY EXPECT US TP BE AS FAST IN FILLING SHELFS AS SOMEONE WHO HAS DONE IT FOR YEARS. LIKE WTF? As a newbie it is hard enough to find out where certain products are on the shelf etc? IT SUX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

synthesized

HSC
N/A
karlsattler said:
I have just recently got a job doing nightfill at safeway. The manager is such an idiot that he rostered all the new staff on when the biggest load of the week was comming in. I am talking about 3 new staff (including me) and 3 full timers. The load was FOUR/4 times bigger than the normalish sized loads that we were told to expect. So as you can imagine we did not fill the complete load onto the shelfs. We are now the worst in the world to the shitty day staff. Us new staff had NEVER done this b4 so we had to be trained. How stuffed up is that? To top that off i range up and got an extra shift the next night and i thought it was great until i saw the f heads that i will be working with (so stuck up and arrogant) and it was down hill from there. I did my job and was ridiculed for it. Your to slow, write codes here, etc. I HAVE ONLY JUST BLOODY STARTED. SO WHY DO THEY EXPECT US TP BE AS FAST IN FILLING SHELFS AS SOMEONE WHO HAS DONE IT FOR YEARS. LIKE WTF? As a newbie it is hard enough to find out where certain products are on the shelf etc? IT SUX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
haha it sounds like you were very unlucky. in my experience, the problem is not usually that you are too slow, but , as you say, that the people alreadyt there are fuckheads. i've seen it at my work.... new people will work very hard, do their best, but it is never good enough for the veterans, who will bitch and complain about the new people but never actually bother to help them do their job better.

i think it is unfortunate, but there is not really anything you can do about it, it is not you who has the problem it is them. if you are strong minded enough (unlike me) you can always talk to the people you work with and your manager about how you feel.

i considered leaving my nightfill job because the people were like what you described. it was because we were confined to a small section of our coles and had a small team. we didn't even have an official manager, just someone who was there full time. nobody gave a shit about anything, i was left to figure out what was going on by myself. i stayed with it though for a few months and it eventually became smooth enough to be tolerable, there are a few people there who i get on well with but the rest are still textbook assholes. plus, i now get more shifts than most people there because it was recognised that i try really hard and concentrate on my job.

so my advice would be to either stick with it for a few months and see if it improves and if not just leave and try somewhere else.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)