NK essays (1 Viewer)

hApPy1

HSC
This was quite scary to myself even- but i just realised i have never read a New Kingdom essay written by anyone! is that weird? Well i am surrently having issues writing my own essay- whether it be assessing the contribution of the warrior pharoah image, the significance of the cult of amun, or the expulsion of the Hyksos- i am not reaching out for someones essay- i would- however- appreciate any help anyone has to offer in terms of how one goes about 'assessing the significance of.....' (as most questions seem to ask)

is there some sort of list which i can follow to make sure i cover certain aspects necessary. ie..

-Facts- archaelogical/written evidence
-Interpreations- ancient and modern
-Assess (how?)
-Make a judgement

Basically- im having trouble writing New Kingdom essays.....checked the resources on BOS.....nothin of the kind......

Thanx ppl

X

xeuyrawp

hApPy1 said:
This was quite scary to myself even- but i just realised i have never read a New Kingdom essay written by anyone! is that weird? Well i am surrently having issues writing my own essay- whether it be assessing the contribution of the warrior pharoah image, the significance of the cult of amun, or the expulsion of the Hyksos- i am not reaching out for someones essay- i would- however- appreciate any help anyone has to offer in terms of how one goes about 'assessing the significance of.....' (as most questions seem to ask)

is there some sort of list which i can follow to make sure i cover certain aspects necessary. ie..

-Facts- archaelogical/written evidence
-Interpreations- ancient and modern
-Assess (how?)
-Make a judgement

Basically- im having trouble writing New Kingdom essays.....checked the resources on BOS.....nothin of the kind......

Thanx ppl
Yo, add me to msn if you'd like to chat.

'Assess the significance of ... ' is a pretty wanky and generic question (welcome to HSC ancient history:p), and involves a couple of things:

- an account of what happened,
- make a criteria to assess it. How does one assess a cult such as the Cult of Amun?
- its impact; look at before and after or what kind of influence it had at the time,
- look at different perspectives and interpretations, like you said, use ancient and modern sources,
- essentially, refer to the criteria you set up to assess it. What kind of influence and significance did ... have?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)