Nmss (1 Viewer)

Archman

HSC
N/A
Templar said:
To counter your claims of nerdiness, when was the last time guys and girls hooked up during olympiad camp?
*rofl

Like you've been to any of them to know that.

But anyway, back to the point, olympiad camps are for training and selecting students for competitions. NMSS is more of a social gathering of good maths students with the purpose of exposing them to level of maths/style of education beyond high school, at the same time allow people with similar interests to mingle. There's no point comparing the "nerdiness" between them as they have different purposes in the first place.

Templar

P vs NP
HSC
Archman said:
Like you've been to any of them to know that.

But anyway, back to the point, olympiad camps are for training and selecting students for competitions. NMSS is more of a social gathering of good maths students with the purpose of exposing them to level of maths/style of education beyond high school, at the same time allow people with similar interests to mingle. There's no point comparing the "nerdiness" between them as they have different purposes in the first place.
Considering the sheer male bias in olympiad camps, I thought it would be a pretty good bet.

You hit the nail. For NMSS, we don't care if the student never uses the Chinese Remainder Theory and forgets it in 4 month. That's not its purpose. To quote from Terry, "Good for them, no harm will come to them". The purpose is to expose them to higher levels of maths and getting them interested in them.

SeDaTeD said:
You've hooked up at Olympiad camp Templar?
No, and as a matter of fact, I've never actually gone out with anyone I talked to at any camp.

Should I be expecting to see you on Saturday archman? Or is that too much to hope for?

Last edited:

ngai

HSC
Templar said:
Considering the sheer male bias in olympiad camps, I thought it would be a pretty good bet.
In that case, whether the olympiad camp is nerdy or not has nothing to do with it =)

sen00

HSC
lol whats all this i hear about, guys and girls hooking up at maths camp?

bos1234

HSC
its a place where people good at maths go to, to learn extra stuff

Templar

P vs NP
HSC
ngai said:
In that case, whether the olympiad camp is nerdy or not has nothing to do with it =)
Yes, but most people here haven't done stats and can't draw inferences that well, so I thought it could trick most of them :p

SeDaTeD

HSC
I don't recall you being in my stats class last year Templar :p.

Templar

P vs NP
HSC
SeDaTeD said:
I don't recall you being in my stats class last year Templar :p.
Funny that. And dare I say, if it weren’t for the marks you could get for the labs, I wouldn’t recall your presence last year either. :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)