No accommodation offers. Rex? (1 Viewer)

gingerwitch28

HSC
Seriously, Toad, who the hell came up with that? It's even worse than Ursula, which reminds me of The Little Mermaid character.

littles123

HSC
Just spoke to woman at accomodation. They've hired out like apartment blocks, one is in the same street as fenner and one is a 10 minute bus ride and transport will be given. It'll be fine, there are 300 people w/o accom. apparently, so the appartments i will be filled with students, we're not going to be put in lonely random rooms there will be others.

hope i get the one in fenner's street :S

tripyamine

HSC
well that sounds ok... as long as there are other people around who are keen for activitys involving the consumption of ethyl alcohol

gingerwitch28

HSC
I still think we should get tshirts :p bonds chesty and permanent marker = instant sense of community and we dont feel left out at everyone else wearing their hall jerseys and polos.

Hmm, any word on internet connection? Though I assume if we're all going to be together in some apartment block we work that out as a group?

edit: fuuuck, after all of this crap bring on the booze!

vikraman

HSC
well that sounds ok... as long as there are other people around who are keen for activitys involving the consumption of ethyl alcohol
THIS. I'll bring my last bottle of Jack Daniels to Canberra. (I've been slowly clearing my stock over the last few weeks.)

LobbSACS

HSC
+1 on the T shirts

"I applied in August all i got was this stupid shirt!"

littles123

HSC
I hope I get some form of roomies, gonna get very lonely in own appartment!
There's an upside to all this, come time to apply for next semester we'll really know what college we want we can look around and stuff

kingjulian

HSC
Yes, you could get shoved into Toad Hall like me and 3 others last year.

lol.
Its happening to me. Accomodation called today. Apparently about 20 students are being shoved there. Ughhh. How are the rooms btw? There has to be some benefits right?

moc2009

HSC
N/A
Its happening to me. Accomodation called today. Apparently about 20 students are being shoved there. Ughhh. How are the rooms btw? There has to be some benefits right?
Hmmmm... Maybe it won’t be as bad with 20 of you as there are 10 people in each section, so they might have 2 sections just for you guys.

In each of the sections that have 10 people, you share a kitchen, two sinks and two toilets (although usually 1 toilet/sink/shower is reserved for girls, so men cannot use it, but girls can use either of the two?

The other 9 people in my section were disgusting, they would shower and leave their hair all over it, would shave and leave their hair all in the sink, never flushed the chain, never cleaned up in the kitchen, always stole food and moved their rotten food to your shelf.

Generally it’s bad, it’s really old, the plumbing always has problems, it smells really bad – last year the toilets flooded in half of the building and they didn’t move people, the kitchens’ are filthy (although that depends on who is in your block).

The bedrooms were a normal size; you had a bed, desk and a cupboard, lamp, shelf and phone. My room was filthy when I moved into it.

Another thing is, it’s a post grad hall, and when we were there anytime they had events and stuff only Post Grands were invited, or if there were day trips doing something only the post grads could go, so we were always left out, people there also seemed really rude and not interested in anyone but themselves, you really get the feeling of not being wanted. Plus the whole attitude that they are Post Grads and have been living here longer than you and are obviously much better than you type thing.

The hall doesn’t get up to that much either (although a new Resident guy last year was trying to change that). Lock your rooms and apparently stuff is always getting stolen (they warn you), on and the computer labs suck, the printers and computers always fail. lol.

That’s why we left, hated the place.

In saying that, the fact that there are 20 of you might make it easier and it might be fun if you are all put together.

If you want an idea of what type of place Toad Hall is, just have a look at the Facebook group – plenty of pictures. :D

Benefits’ of living there? None that I could see, apart from being on Campus. After a few weeks there and realising what the people were like and that the hall had no spirit I just hung out with mates in their halls, B&G, Ursies and UniLodge all had a great atmosphere compared to Toad Hall.

Good Luck

Last edited:

rx34

HSC
Do they put you there (in hotels) permanently for one semester or is it for a few days?

kingjulian

HSC
Hmmmm... Maybe it won’t be as bad with 20 of you as there are 10 people in each section, so they might have 2 sections just for you guys.

In each of the sections that have 10 people, you share a kitchen, two sinks and two toilets (although usually 1 toilet/sink/shower is reserved for girls, so men cannot use it, but girls can use either of the two?

The other 9 people in my section were disgusting, they would shower and leave their hair all over it, would shave and leave their hair all in the sink, never flushed the chain, never cleaned up in the kitchen, always stole food and moved their rotten food to your shelf.

Generally it’s bad, it’s really old, the plumbing always has problems, it smells really bad – last year the toilets flooded in half of the building and they didn’t move people, the kitchens’ are filthy (although that depends on who is in your block).

The bedrooms were a normal size; you had a bed, desk and a cupboard, lamp, shelf and phone. My room was filthy when I moved into it.

Another thing is, it’s a post grad hall, and when we were there anytime they had events and stuff only Post Grands were invited, or if there were day trips doing something only the post grads could go, so we were always left out, people there also seemed really rude and not interested in anyone but themselves, you really get the feeling of not being wanted. Plus the whole attitude that they are Post Grads and have been living here longer than you and are obviously much better than you type thing.

The hall doesn’t get up to that much either (although a new Resident guy last year was trying to change that). Lock your rooms and apparently stuff is always getting stolen (they warn you), on and the computer labs suck, the printers and computers always fail. lol.

That’s why we left, hated the place.

In saying that, the fact that there are 20 of you might make it easier and it might be fun if you are all put together.

If you want an idea of what type of place Toad Hall is, just have a look at the Facebook group – plenty of pictures. :D

Benefits’ of living there? None that I could see, apart from being on Campus. After a few weeks there and realising what the people were like and that the hall had no spirit I just hung out with mates in their halls, B&G, Ursies and UniLodge all had a great atmosphere compared to Toad Hall.

Good Luck
Oh god, I could just about die right now. I was hoping at least the place might look nice and stuff cos of their pictures on the website but nooooo.

Hopefully they do put the 20 of us together though. Not that I dont like post grads but their minimum age is 24! Thats like waaay older. hahahah I didnt know whether to laugh or scream when i saw "we are a community of mature-aged students".

Did you at least get affiliated to another college though? Thats what the lady who called siad. That I would be affiliated to some other place so that I can take part in their activities or sth. And how soon did you all move out?

moc2009

HSC
N/A
Do they put you there (in hotels) permanently for one semester or is it for a few days?
In the hotels I think the put you there until a place becomes available in a residential hall. Which could be weeks or the next semester.

If they put you in places like Toad Hall, it’s usually for the semester or year (I had a year contract and got out of it after 6 weeks).

moc2009

HSC
N/A
Oh god, I could just about die right now. I was hoping at least the place might look nice and stuff cos of their pictures on the website but nooooo.

Hopefully they do put the 20 of us together though. Not that I dont like post grads but their minimum age is 24! Thats like waaay older. hahahah I didnt know whether to laugh or scream when i saw "we are a community of mature-aged students".

Did you at least get affiliated to another college though? Thats what the lady who called siad. That I would be affiliated to some other place so that I can take part in their activities or sth. And how soon did you all move out?
Most people there were in their late 20’s and early 30’s, some in their 40’s (just look at the facebook group pics, lol).

We didn’t get affiliated with any hall; we were “Toadies” lol.

We left by our own choice and broke our lease agreements, I broke mine with the idea of having to still pay it while not living there (that’s how bad it was, I was prepared to keep paying but not live there), but when I explained why I was leaving they let me out of my lease, same happened to the other people.

But I think if you are going to be affiliated with another college and there will be about 20 of you there then it should be fine.

kingjulian

HSC
Most people there were in their late 20’s and early 30’s, some in their 40’s (just look at the facebook group pics, lol).

We left by our own choice and broke our lease agreements, I broke mine with the idea of having to still pay it while not living there (that’s how bad it was, I was prepared to keep paying but not live there), but when I explained why I was leaving they let me out of my lease, same happened to the other people.

But I think if you are going to be affiliated with another college and there will be about 20 of you there then it should be fine.
Lol, had the same reaction to their facebook. hahahah. Really hope they do affiliate us to another dorm though. And yes shall just optimistically (unrealistically?) hope eveything will go well anyways.

moc2009

HSC
N/A
Lol, had the same reaction to their facebook. hahahah. Really hope they do affiliate us to another dorm though. And yes shall just optimistically (unrealistically?) hope eveything will go well anyways.
Seriously, I think if they affiliate you with a college and have 20 of you there then it will be fine and nothing like what we had last year, so keep your hopes up that it goes that way and it should be all good. :)

littles123

HSC
Hmm I'm waiting for the offer today wouldn't mind toad hall tbh, its better than a ten minute CAR ride from the uni in rando appartments. They'd have a section for first years :\ this sincerely blows

rx34

HSC

Lol Toadies, that's cute. Anyway, you must have really hated that place so much to pay even though you are not living there. Was it more of a 'people' problem (like noisy postgrads) or an 'environment problem' (unlivable conditions)?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)