NO accommodation (1 Viewer)

noreaction

HSC
They have cooking and laundry facilities on site. Also, 2 buildings x 12 rooms = 24 students only so no need to freak out. The odds are pretty low. The higher being you believe in (or not) will have a perverse sense of humour for you to have such luck.

Last edited:

John555

HSC
Wtf a motel?? They really are getting desperate.

Please don't offer me a motel ...

John555

HSC
Just did a search on that motel, its apparently called the Carotel Motel and Caravan Park... and it looks pretty far away in the outer suburbs of Canberra. I feel for you guys who got that offer. This is just appalling in my opinion. At least stop being cheap skates and offer the REX or something, not some dodgy caravan park/motel.

gingerwitch28

HSC
Yeah I'd quite happily pay for the rex. Buffet and gym;)
I hear you're not allowed to use the hotel facilities though... that's probably why ANU can afford to book them and charge people $163, the hotel probably gives it to them at a discounted rate, otherwise the uni would be making a huge loss.

littles123

HSC
Oh wow that sucks.. you cant even cook then. Well im praying for gardens, seems it'd be fun

vikraman

HSC
I still got squat. and i'm flying in 63 hours. (International student..) Fuck this :(

vikraman

HSC
malaysia, my other friend got university garden a couple of hours ago. i've been trying to call them all morning but 2$ worth of skype credit later all i've heard is their waiting tone. (which incidentally is written by some guy from the ANU School of Music, very nice slow blues saxophone tune..)

noreaction

HSC
You're kidding.. though they gave preference to internationals. That is terrible. Where are you from?
Yeah I am an international first year undergraduate too. Their pretty brochures say first year and international are priority, but clearly this was never the case.

cricketfan10

HSC
hang in there guys. i can't believe the situation is worse than last year, obviously they aren't learning from their mistakes.

and uni gardens looks nice actually, and belconnen isn't really that far away :) 10 min bus ride. AND if you're looking for a job i'd imagine it'd be easier to find in westfield than in the city centre in civic.

gingerwitch28

HSC
Yeah I am an international first year undergraduate too. Their pretty brochures say first year and international are priority, but clearly this was never the case.
I can't believe this. That is GODAWFUL for both of you. ARGH. I'd make a formal complaint as soon as you get there if I were you! That is amazingly slack!

littles123

HSC
As if moving countries isn't hard enough.. Makes me mad on your behalf!

Does anyone know how far westfield is from the UG? Like a tiny walk or bus?

vikraman

HSC
Where you from? One of the main reasons i picked ANU over usyd or unsw was this damned accommodation guarantee and my friends who are going to sydney all got their accommodation sorted out already. I'm really, really regretting picking ANU now.. :evilfire:

gingerwitch28

HSC
As if moving countries isn't hard enough.. Makes me mad on your behalf!

Does anyone know how far westfield is from the UG? Like a tiny walk or bus?
It says "walking distance" but that could mean anything from 2 minutes to 20.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)