NO accommodation (1 Viewer)

Doppelganger

HSC
"make friends with me and you're invited to johns events :)" Quote

Friend Whore! Bahahaha LOVE it. You now have a friend!

zyferion

HSC
omg i feel so sorry for everyone without accommodation. we got like 1 spare room in my house id let someone crash there if my rents let me ;00

humphdogg

HSC
Uni Grad
Ugh, why is there no one else in toad? My offer didn't say anything about affiliation to another college, even though that's what the person who called me said would happen.
Sorry, late reply. I've heard something from my friends about a bunch of first years at Toad who'll be having meals and joining social activities at Bruce, so that could be you. Haven't had it confirmed though.

Oh and I spoke to the (acting) Dean of Bruce today. Apparently 420 people had Bruce as their first preference, and they could only offer 40 places straight away. Right now there's going to be 60 first years or something though, because a couple more people have given up their spots.

carrots please!

not a malcontent
HSC
hey guys,
if you've been offered off-campus accom, phone up unilodge and put yourself on the waitinglist - that's what i did on friday and just got offered a 5 bedroom share there!

the system is fucked but omg YAY!

jessmooka

don't leapfrog unicorns.
HSC
Wow... I didn't realise how lucky I was to get into a college :S I got the phone interview from Burgmann just before Christmas..
Does anyone know how many first years they actually let into the colleges? particularily Burgmann?
I hope you guys are ok in the Hotels... chin up, hopefully you can enter the college of your choice in Sem 2.

gingerwitch28

HSC
Wow... I didn't realise how lucky I was to get into a college :S I got the phone interview from Burgmann just before Christmas..
Does anyone know how many first years they actually let into the colleges? particularily Burgmann?
I hope you guys are ok in the Hotels... chin up, hopefully you can enter the college of your choice in Sem 2.
I remember that 500 people applied for Burgmann and they only had 50 spots. So I'm assuming they only let 50 firsties in?

kingjulian

HSC
Sorry, late reply. I've heard something from my friends about a bunch of first years at Toad who'll be having meals and joining social activities at Bruce, so that could be you. Haven't had it confirmed though.

Oh and I spoke to the (acting) Dean of Bruce today. Apparently 420 people had Bruce as their first preference, and they could only offer 40 places straight away. Right now there's going to be 60 first years or something though, because a couple more people have given up their spots.
Are you serious? That would be awesome. Its the next best thing to staying at Bruce I guess. Are you from bruce? Thanks, btw.

yosemite sam

HSC
It's definitely 370 without accommodation. And I know B&G usually take no more than 40, Johns takes a few more than that, maybe about 60. Fenner has 155 new residents, they only had about 110 last year.

Kurby

HSC
N/A
So whats happening with Accommodation now..? With 370 out of accommodation. Its quite a joke. The private market can't handle that much, and especially with new grads moving in from other areas to work in public services, uni students will be squeezed out for sure. Uni students are undesirable. i.e. no steady income, rowdy, potentially dirty, lol.

So the first years get guaranteers, what about other years and postgrads? esp new students.

we should all go rent caravans and park it in front of the deans office lol. 370 caravans. :D

maybe I can go set up a tent. lol.

spazamataz

HSC
So whats happening with Accommodation now..? With 370 out of accommodation. Its quite a joke. The private market can't handle that much, and especially with new grads moving in from other areas to work in public services, uni students will be squeezed out for sure. Uni students are undesirable. i.e. no steady income, rowdy, potentially dirty, lol.

So the first years get guaranteers, what about other years and postgrads? esp new students.

we should all go rent caravans and park it in front of the deans office lol. 370 caravans. :D

maybe I can go set up a tent. lol.
Make another tent embassy! lol

ajdlinux

Mod: ANU, ATAR/HSC Marks
HSC
It's definitely 370 without accommodation. And I know B&G usually take no more than 40, Johns takes a few more than that, maybe about 60. Fenner has 155 new residents, they only had about 110 last year.
Here at Ursies I believe we have something like 30-40% first years, so that would be a bit under 100 people or so. I can't be sure of this though.

yosemite sam

HSC
ANU has technically provided the first years with accommodation so they're off the hook. And they'll upgrade them to a real college when they can. It's jsut a matter of whether you stick it out that long.

simonloo

may our bodies remain
HSC
N/A
Feeling really sorry for the people set up in Carotel- its pretty much right next to a field of scrubland.

Davo1111

HSC
N/A
just wait till they build them cargo container room things...

have fun..
they did build them, but instead of buuilding 300, they built like 100. and they all got taken by postgrads bylike sept last year.

Davo1111

HSC
N/A
thats pointless...

who runs anu's accomo... anu itself or private enterprise?
i know.. :(

Johns/Burgmann/Unilodge are all anu affiliated, meaning they are privatly run.

The rest- anu owned and operated.

Ursies + laurus wing is anu o&o

pookie10

HSC
sorry for posting in several places at the same time, but i have heard there is a place available at Ursula Hall. i might give them a call.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)