No clue (1 Viewer)

GaNeSh

Official Chelsea FC Ultra
HSC
2003 HSC
Describe how business can manage change effectively, and evaluate the effectiveness of employment relations strategies in achieving change.

Can someone help me out with this extended response question coz i have no idea how to answer the second part of it!!
...and dont even get me started on how im gonna incorporate my case study(billabong - cant get worse then that!)

exa_boi87

aka biomic
HSC
Effective Employment Relations entails communication systems, grievance procedures, rewarding, flexible working conditions and T&D (Training and Development). Therefore in this question, one would look at how effective such implementations would be when used in unisen with change.
In regards to change, id look at Training and Development for sure, Rewards as part of a refreezing stage in Lewins change model, communication systems in creating a culture of change (communicating advantages of change aids overcoming resistance to change).

A key word here is also evaluate the effectiveness. Look at measures of effectiveness (disputes, benchmarking, turnover, absenteeism, quality) .. thats really the key to evaluating how effective the suggested employment relations strategies are.

[trent]

HSC
that's all sylabus stuff - management and change and ER...

If you can't incorperate your case study very well, make it up to suit your essay (billabong's a bit common but oh well). "Billabong uses both formal and informal methods of communicating with their staff. Their monthly staff newletter, Surf, ensures all empolyees know what is happening within the organisation and how it effects them..."

easy.

~SeXcSuM~

HSC
for the managing change bit u should discuss Setting achievable goals, identifying need for change, creating culture of change (using change agents) and use change models (ie. unfreeze/change/refreeze and forcefield analysis)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)