No Money in Law !? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ptrgrgry

HSC
No. I will not "fuck up".
BOS wasn't designed for dumb-fucks like you to come and stroke their ego about how good their shitty engineering courses are (which is obviously why you're keenly interested in this forum). I'm actually seeking advice about a HSC matter - and that is exactly what this site was designed for.

Existential

HSC
N/A
no. I will not "fuck up".
Bos wasn't designed for dumb-fucks like you to come and stroke their ego about how good their shitty engineering courses are (which is obviously why you're keenly interested in this forum). I'm actually seeking advice about a hsc matter - and that is exactly what this site was designed for.
+1

HSC
BOS wasn't designed for dumb-fucks like you to come and stroke their ego about how good their shitty engineering courses are (which is obviously why you're keenly interested in this forum). I'm actually seeking advice about a HSC matter - and that is exactly what this site was designed for.
Righttt. You were seeking advice about whether you should pay someone to read and correct your HSC essays, in the Law forum.

I'm pretty sure he has the right to assume you're a complete 'tard.

shuttle_bus5

HSC
Ok if you are seeking advice, then go and post in a relevant thread. You have posted twice in here regarding something that has no relevance to the discussion.
I doubt you even know what and engineer does.
Go study prelim

ptrgrgry

HSC
Righttt. You were seeking advice about whether you should pay someone to read and correct your HSC essays, in the Law forum.

I'm pretty sure he has the right to assume you're a complete 'tard.
Sorry, but NO ONE was answering my goddamn question! I got a little desperate - is that so hard to understand? In fact, still, at this point in time, no one has anwered my question!

And wtf person above? 2010= HSC this year, not prelim

shuttle_bus5

HSC
Sorry, but NO ONE was answering my goddamn question! I got a little desperate - is that so hard to understand? In fact, still, at this point in time, no one has anwered my question!

And wtf person above? 2010= HSC this year, not prelim
Just because someone hasn't answered your question within 30 seconds doesn't mean you post it elsewhere.
If no one has answered after a week or so, then maybe bump it up.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
I think the point shuttle is getting at is that as a lawyer you could be defending a person who committed the crime, and I do agree it's within every persons right to have a representative.

However, the moral clash comes into play when you consider lawyers finding loopholes within the legal system in order to decrease the sentencing a criminal gets.

Obviously there have been times where convicted murders only get a few years when they definitely deserve more.

HSC
There may be a clash of obligations; the obligation to provide the best defense possible (which is upholding the values of the legal system), and the obligation to uphold the values of the society.

I would probably agree that it should be their primary goal to uphold the values of the legal system, which is much more static than the values of society.

Sure, a few criminals may get lesser sentences than you think they "should", but who are you to claim your perspective is perfect and absolute?

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
There may be a clash of obligations; the obligation to provide the best defense possible (which is upholding the values of the legal system), and the obligation to uphold the values of the society.

I would probably agree that it should be their primary goal to uphold the values of the legal system, which is much more static than the values of society.

Sure, a few criminals may get lesser sentences than you think they "should", but who are you to claim your perspective is perfect and absolute?
I never said anything about lawyers morals, I'm merely hypothesising shuttle's idea.

flamearrows

come on die young
HSC

There's no clash here either - strictly speaking, the defence lawyer's only obligation is to provide the best possible defence for the client, subject to the usual hedging. In Shuttle's example, the lawyer could not plead that the defendant did not commit the act in question, but there are a stack of other reasons why a not-guilty verdict might be returned.

If you're not happy about that, it's not an issue to take up with the lawyer in question, it's an issue for the Parliament.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)