No Money in Law !? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TehAzner

HSC
N/A
Lol... what's this law job you keep talking about that gives great pay?

You're not talking about the one that the 50-year old bald barrister has after working 14 hours 6 days a week for 28 years to get yea?
I'm mainly referring to top-tier/mid-tier firms (so in essence, if I was classifying your description, yes!). It would be ideal if one started from this position, but alas nothing in the world is fair and balanced.

So many firms promote themselves as "the best environment to work in" or "caring for everyone", but when you get down to the nitty gritty of any career, it just means 9+ hour days with work breaks in between. I still haven't decided on where exactly in the legal industry I'm headed. I will probably know in 1.5 years time after I have finished most of my electives.

Existential

HSC
N/A
I think the point shuttle is getting at is that as a lawyer you could be defending a person who committed the crime, and I do agree it's within every persons right to have a representative.

However, the moral clash comes into play when you consider lawyers finding loopholes within the legal system in order to decrease the sentencing a criminal gets.

Obviously there have been times where convicted murders only get a few years when they definitely deserve more.
there will always be injustice. lawyers or no lawyers.

face reality, then maybe, just maybe, you might understand more than nothing about this topic.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
there will always be injustice. lawyers or no lawyers.

face reality, then maybe, just maybe, you might understand more than nothing about this topic.
lol your point has no relevance to the stance

and get fucked you idiot

Existential

HSC
N/A
lol your point has no relevance to the stance

and get fucked you idiot
it has relevance - you just can't see it.

then again, we all know about your feeble analytical skills you winge ie. English.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
it has relevance - you just can't see it.

then again, we all know about your feeble analytical skills you winge ie. English.
no, the words 'you can't see it' doesn't mean shit. explain it further.

and lol ok my 'analytical skills' aren't developed - obviously science and engineering has no analytical skills involved at all

at first i was trolling but now, you've actually proven yourself to be the real fucktard here

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
Why can't people have respect for areas of study other than their own! This thread was about the money in law, another was asking if law was hard, ffs no one said that engineering or anything was easy. Saying that one thing is hard, doesn't mean something else is easy.

Coming into the law forum just to bag us all out is just petty and immature. Validate your existence someother way. I am not going to tollerate personal an petty attacks. I don't come into the engineering forum and tell you that your discpline is easy or worthless (and I don't believe others do either) so have some respect.

If you want to continue this, do it via PM. Get the thread on topic or I will close it.

Oh and for the record I am working on Construction and Engineering and most of the engineers I have met are lovely people and don't have chips on their shoulders like certain people in this thread. Both the lawyers and the engineers respect eachother for what they do.

Last edited:

Existential

HSC
N/A
why can't people have respect for areas of study other than their own! This thread was about the money in law, another was asking if law was hard, ffs no one said that engineering or anything was easy. Saying that one thing is hard, doesn't mean something else is easy.

Coming into the law forum just to bag us all out is just petty and immature. Validate your existence someother way. I am not going to tollerate personal an petty attacks. I don't come into the engineering forum and tell you that your discpline is easy or worthless (and i don't believe others do either) so have some respect.

If you want to continue this, do it via pm. Get the thread on topic or i will close it.

Oh and for the record i am working on construction and engineering and most of the engineers i have met are lovely people and don't have chips on their shoulders like certain people in this thread. Both the lawyers and the engineers respect eachother for what they do.
+1

Strawbaby

General Store
HSC
it just means 9+ hour days with work breaks in between.
Hilarious!

I was at a certain law firm once for an event and their HR manager was discussing the office with me. "We have a dormitory", she said. "An area so the lawyers can get some rest".

I almost walked out right then!

flamearrows

come on die young
HSC
Hilarious!

I was at a certain law firm once for an event and their HR manager was discussing the office with me. "We have a dormitory", she said. "An area so the lawyers can get some rest".

I almost walked out right then!
9 hour days is only 45 hours a week. That's really not that much time at the office. I'm surprised many law firms have 'sleeping areas' but I believe they're fairly common in IB.

One of the lawyers where I worked over the summer used to keep a sleeping bag and a bedroll under his desk. He was a pretty hard dude.

Strawbaby

General Store
HSC
Haha, no, it was 9 hours of day with the rest as work!
At least, that's what I thought "work breaks" was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)