No more Africans (1 Viewer)

campbellleo

Idyllic Ballina: It's enough to make you rather si
HSC
Azamakumar said:
He was merely stating that if we were to stick our noses in all this business, why stop at letting them into our country? Why not go over to Sudan and get rid of the government?

OMGOSH NO!! We can't invade countries, that's wrong that is!!111
That has also been answered - it is obvious. We would love to fix every problem in the world; but we can't. What we can do is fit more refugees into our country. It's not rocket science.

It was a fucking rhetorical
... I don't think you can claim a stupid question was rhetorical when it has already answered.

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
campbellleo said:
What system? You mean, Australia? They are just people, and I can assure you, we can handle - no, our economy needs - more labourers. Why do you think the dickwits in Can berra are offering a couple of grand to pop the babies out? Saying the system can't handle more people is ridiculous.
Yeah we want more kids to works labour, how come I never realised that!?!? Not to mention the workchoices legislation, aimed at making the nature of labour in this country skilled.

WOW GUYS, SEE THAT?!!? GOVERNMENT POLICY CONTRADICTS ITSELF!!1

The baby bonus is for self preservation. And also if you were a capable human being you'd note that the system in question is not our country, it's migration policy. We can't handle them properly as yet, so effectively they getting lifted out of the proverbial fire, and put back into a frying pan.

K

katie_tully

Side note: AIDS epidemic. Anybody else read that rant from some Catholic minister in some African country saying Europe is infecting condoms with AIDS in an attempt to further wipe out the African population?

absolutlaura

HSC
Azamakumar said:
Are you an idiot? Have you even fucking bothered to read the link, or just jumped into the argument and screamed "GIVE HUGS NOT DRUGS".

The whole fucking point of disallowing them entry is because the government acknowledges the limitations of the system. But wait, everything is better in Australia, right? The grass is greener, so is the infrastructure, not to mention the views of the stars.

Australia is not the only place they can run to. They are hard to accomodate because of their circumstances. We aren't imposing a ban on refugees, it's simply that they are harder to assimilate, and face an empty life once they get here.
Australia isnt the only place they are running.. and i think our government refers to it as 'intergration' not assimilation. The limits of the system? well if by limits you are referring to the limit on the amount of support we can give refugees in terms of counselling/education etc, then we have not even reached that limit, let alone surpassed it.
Or if you are referring to the system in terms of the economy... i dont even have to tell you how ridiculous that is.

campbellleo

HSC
iamsickofyear12 said:
What better way? There is no better way. The only solution is military action. Or you could just wait and hope the dictators/warlords/militia just get bored.
Yeah - the way to stop people getting killed is to kill them. True, but kind of counter-productive, don't you think? Possible we could encourage peaceful revolutions, we could educate, we can give aid, we can avoid the sort odf closemindedness that makes people result to violence (i.e. some moron saying the only solution is military action, when clearly I think we have come a bit further than that in the course of civilisation).

absolutlaura

HSC
Captain Gh3y said:
in which case you must also believe that we have the right not to let in reffos if we don't want to :D
lol ah but of course... i just dont believe that their apparent inability to 'intergrate' is a good enough reason to slam the door.

K

katie_tully

Why do you think the dickwits in Can berra are offering a couple of grand to pop the babies out? Saying the system can't handle more people is ridiculous
The system can't handle large numbers of people unwilling to integrate. You speak of sending them all out to work as though it's that easy and as though it's going to solve our problems and theirs. The majority of them are unskilled. They don't speak English and they are making no effort to integrate.

We have an aging population. Bringing in refugees isn't going to fix an aging population. Having babies will.

K

katie_tully

lol ah but of course... i just dont believe that their apparent inability to 'intergrate' is a good enough reason to slam the door.
Sounds like a plenty good reason to temporarily stop refugee intake from Africa. We're not stopping AID. We're not stopping immigration. We're stopping African refugee intake for a period of time.

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
spiny norman said:
It's imposing a ban on refugees from an entire area, and that in itself is a problem.
It's not a fucking ban, a quota has been filled for the 9 months. A quota which has been put in place to ensure their welfare once they do reach here. You all seem to think the problem is magically fixed once some goverment official places a stamp on paper.

campbellleo

HSC
Azamakumar said:
Yeah we want more kids to works labour, how come I never realised that!?!? Not to mention the workchoices legislation, aimed at making the nature of labour in this country skilled.

WOW GUYS, SEE THAT?!!? GOVERNMENT POLICY CONTRADICTS ITSELF!!1

I have no idea what you are trying to say... I think you are trying to be sarcastic? Well, you have actually pretty much said the truth; our opinion pollstering government has contradictory policies, because if it opened immigration it would have a conservative revolt.

The baby bonus is for self preservation.
WTF?

And also if you were a capable human being you'd note that the system in question is not our country, it's migration policy. We can't handle them properly as yet, so effectively they getting lifted out of the proverbial fire, and put back into a frying pan.
Newsflash: migration 'policy' is not a system; and if you are claiming we are incapable of processing more people, that is also pretty stupid. We have a 17bn$ budget surplus, I am sure we can handle to buy a couple of bookkeepers.

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
katie_tully said:
Sounds like a plenty good reason to temporarily stop refugee intake from Africa. We're not stopping AID. We're not stopping immigration. We're stopping African refugee intake for a period of time.
But because we say no to Africans the goverment is shit and racist and morally lacking.

You people are really stupid, or can't read, making you really stupid.

Generator

HSC
N/A
absolutlaura said:
Yes it would make more sense to fix the problem.. problem with that is a little thing called state soverignty. The sudanese government doesnt want an adequate UN force there.. not that either the UN or the African Union can do a god damn thing because they are both toothless tigers... There is no country in the world willing to invade Sudan.. Why? because there's nothing that we want there..
Actually, the why is because China would not allow any such intervention/invasion to take place - Sudan is far from being resource poor, and Chinese companies (and the Chinese Government) have invested heavily in Sudan.

absolutlaura

HSC
katie_tully said:
But have we questioned why theyre not intergrating? They cant speak english.. theres a goodun, its hard to intergrate into a community when you dont speak the language.. theyre poorly educated, theres another.. how can they be expected to prosper in a culture that they dont understand? Not to mention the fact that the ongoing atrocities may have had some impact on their state of mind/mental health..

campbellleo

HSC
katie_tully said:
The system can't handle large numbers of people unwilling to integrate. You speak of sending them all out to work as though it's that easy and as though it's going to solve our problems and theirs. The majority of them are unskilled. They don't speak English and they are making no effort to integrate.

We have an aging population. Bringing in refugees isn't going to fix an aging population. Having babies will.
Yeah - how would bringing in young people help to solve our ageing population? I can't think.

I have to go to work now, so don't think I have stopped talking because you people had one single competent argument; just that I have more important things to do the argue with stupid people.

It's been... enlightening?

lengstar

HSC
It is for real? Has the venerable Generator returned?!

PrinceHarry

HSC
N/A
Africa just filled its quota for this year and it is not even a long term policy. They will start coming in again next year.

absolutlaura

HSC
Generator said:
Actually, the why is because China would not allow any such intervention/invasion to take place - Sudan is far from being resource poor, and Chinese companies (and the Chinese Government) have invested heavily in Sudan.
and we cant piss off china.. tibet being another perfect example of us looking the other way because god forbid we disagree with china..

K

katie_tully

I know, I nearly wet my pants with excitement. Hello Gen.

so don't think I have stopped talking because you people had one single competent argument;
Just because you disagree with an argument doesn't make it incompetent.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
campbellleo said:
Possible we could encourage peaceful revolutions, we could educate, we can give aid
You can go ahead and do that if you want but its not going to work.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)