No more Africans (1 Viewer)

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
campbellleo said:
[/i]I have no idea what you are trying to say... I think you are trying to be sarcastic?
Fucking spot on. You don't seem to be able to comprehend anything at a greater than basic level.

campbelleo said:
It aims to encourages population growth through natural reproduction rather than migration as has been necessary in the past.

campbelleo said:
Newsflash: migration 'policy' is not a system; and if you are claiming we are incapable of processing more people, that is also pretty stupid. We have a 17bn$ budget surplus, I am sure we can handle to buy a couple of bookkeepers.
Fucks sake, you don't get it do you. There is nothing wrong with the policy. It is everything downstream from the policy that needs work, which is why admission to Australia has been suspended for them.

campbellleo said:
... I don't think you can claim a stupid question was rhetorical when it has already answered.
It was rhetorical because it was already answered. Christ you are thick.

absolutlaura

HSC
PrinceHarry said:
Africa just filled its quota for this year and it is not even a long term policy. They will start coming in again next year.
Maybe.. and thats fine.. but this argument diverted from the point long ago

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
absolutlaura said:
But have we questioned why theyre not intergrating?
Go ahead and click the fucking link in the first post. They stopped allowing them in so that questioning can begin without the system being flooded with epic fail.

K

katie_tully

Oh you beat me to it.

That was the whole reason for the temp. stop. They're fixing the problem, they're addressing the failure to integrate before they resume refugee intake.

absolutlaura

HSC
Azamakumar said:
Go ahead and click the fucking link in the first post. They stopped allowing them in so that questioning can begin without the system being flooded with epic fail.
Well this is not a new phenomenon, many many many groups of refugees have had trouble intergrating into australian society.. by now you'd think we'd have developed a support system that can adequately deal with the problems that they face...

Generator

HSC
N/A
absolutlaura said:
and we cant piss off china.. tibet being another perfect example of us looking the other way because god forbid we disagree with china..
It's not just a case of 'pissing off' China - Given China's position on the security council, any UN resolution calling for a dramatic, UN-led humanitarian intervention in Sudan wouldn't see the light of day.

The point of my previous post was not to say that we should appease China, but rather it was to counter the myth that Sudan is resource poor and politically isolated. Sudan is much like Iraq in that it's a basketcase with a great deal of economic potential, but unlike Iraq it isn't isolated on the world-stage.

Edit: Hello, hello, Katie and Lengy.

Last edited:

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
absolutlaura said:
Well this is not a new phenomenon, many many many groups of refugees have had trouble intergrating into australian society.. by now you'd think we'd have developed a support system that can adequately deal with the problems that they face...
Once again, click the link. The problems they face are different because of the nature of their oppression, ie living in concentration camps for decades.

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
katie_tully said:
Oh you beat me to it.

That was the whole reason for the temp. stop. They're fixing the problem, they're addressing the failure to integrate before they resume refugee intake.
Please don't stop posting here you are keeping me sane.

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
Generator said:
It's not just a case of 'pissing off' China - Given China's position on the security council, any UN resolution calling for a dramatic, UN-led humanitarian intervention in Sudan wouldn't see the light of day.

The point of my previous post was not to say that we should appease China, but rather it was to counter the myth that Sudan is resource poor and politically isolated. Sudan is much like Iraq in that it's a basketcase with a great deal of economic potential, but unlike Iraq it isn't isolated on the world-stage.
China is hosting the Olympics next year. If you mention the word "boycott" I'm sure they would waiver a bit. In fact, they already did:

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=12445074

absolutlaura

HSC
I understand the need to stop them coming in until the problem is fixed.. in fact its the obvious logical choice. my problem with this is why didnt we consider this before we let them in in the first place? We obviously knew that they were coming from camps and that they would have trouble intergrating because of that, as well as their poor education + lack of english.. couldnt we have a program in place that would adequately deal with it before they got here?

K

katie_tully

Because you would have all whinged that we're not letting in any refugees, much like you're all doing now.

Do you guys ever stop bitching? Okay, there was a shortfall in the system. It has been acknowledged. Better late than never. They are now addressing the problem - if that means halting African refugee intake for 9 months then that's what it takes.

Get off this racism angle, it's bullshit and is just a front for lack of better argument.

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
absolutlaura said:
I understand the need to stop them coming in until the problem is fixed.. in fact its the obvious logical choice. my problem with this is why didnt we consider this before we let them in in the first place? We obviously knew that they were coming from camps and that they would have trouble intergrating because of that, as well as their poor education + lack of english.. couldnt we have a program in place that would adequately deal with it before they got here?
So first the problem was that the goverment didn't let them in. Now it's that when they finally did they didn't do it right.

The problem wasn't foreseen, and they finally decided to fix it because they know exactly what their responsibilities are.

HSC
N/A
I find it unusual that they say it isn't racist? Can anyone help me out here with the definition of racism?

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
UWS-Uni-Student said:
I find it unusual that they say it isn't racist? Can anyone help me out here with the definition of racism?
People who are so hung up about skin colour they bring it into issues above practical considerations :D

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
Azamakumar said:
If it were racist they wouldn't be letting more in in 9 months time would they?
Uh im pretty sure there not going to send home 1 day old babies

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
jb_nc said:
Uh im pretty sure there not going to send home 1 day old babies
They will Ron Paul told me so. cwatididthar?

EDIT: How the fuck will a one day old baby make it to our shores? Question is flawed.

Last edited:
HSC
N/A
Azamakumar said:
If it were racist they wouldn't be letting more in in 9 months time would they?
Is not racism the discrimination of an individual or culture based upon their racial profile? Thus, the problems of integration of certain individuals of a racial group being extrapolated to the entire racial group could be considered an example of racism, or at least could be argued to be such.

http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=en&q=define:+racism&btnG=Google+Search&meta=

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
Take a step back and consider the bigger picture.

The government wants to temporarily deny them entry into the country, so that when the program resumes in June, they will fit better into Australian society.

Wow, I never quite realised how racist this goverment was.

HSC
N/A
Azamakumar said:
Take a step back and consider the bigger picture.

The government wants to temporarily deny them entry into the country, so that when the program resumes in June, they will fit better into Australian society.

Wow, I never quite realised how racist this goverment was.
It is up to personal interpretation of the term racism and how they choose to define it or which predefined meaning they assign to it, and consequently the individual can allocate their own criteria and exclusion clauses to discredit an action as fulfilling the criterion for racism.

The following questions may clarify the discussion:

Is the policy judging individuals based exclusively upon their racial affiliation? http://highered.mcgraw-hill.com/sites/0072863129/student_view0/chapter14/key_terms.html http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=302046

Is the policy treating a individuals differently based upon the attributes assigned to the racial group? http://www.culturalpartnerships.org/productspubs/glossary.asp

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)