No More Area Of Study Ever!!!!! (1 Viewer)

selina.harlum

HSC
Is any one else EXCITED that we no longer EVER have to deal with journeys??
GOOD RIDANCE to Shakespeare and his TEMPEST!

HSC
lol. *high-5s all around.

as soon as i walked out i thought " 'j........s' has reached its destination"
but then i realised how lame that was, so i thought no more of it.

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
Fuck YES! :D

Imaginative journeys can go lick a dogs butt.

:D:D:D

mon8

HSC
how did everyone go in the paper?

i thought the first part with the short answer questions was hard.

i had NO idea what text 3 was on about!

neverXending

HSC
oh i am so gladd to be rid of physical jorneys and away! f*ck if i had to talk one second longer about gwen coral or tom, i would have stabbed something!

i spent way to long on the first section, then skipped to the third, somehow managed to remeber most of my essay from trials and killled it, i did one and a half books, is that too long? each text had three points i talked about..

and anyways as for the story hahaha i got to about page three, decided it wasnt going anywhere and then the time was up, i guess you getthat when you dont do it in order, but for some reason i thought i'd be able to make up a story from scratch.

i also didnt like text three from the 1'st question it sucked,

my answer will probably be handed out next year as a guide of what NOT to do, if you want to get higher than a band one. hahaha

oh well. now to study hard on good old dawe, monk, and weir, goody goody joy joy, what a lovely weekend in store.

:mad1:

Last edited:

theodore223

God's reincarnate
HSC
That exam was annoying. the final essay question was far to broad and the unseen pieces of work where to boring to read. however i did like the creative writing question.

Dracon

HSC
hurrah!
lol essay question too general, isnt that good?
spitting a prelearned essay onto paper ftw
section 1 blah blah, techniques blah blah, boring

nothing like writing a story on a trio of snarglepuffs going on an epic adventure over land and sea whilst defeating foes with inherent wit, craftmanship and vorpal blades(the snickersnack type), and discovering that the true journey was the discovery of their friendship

and make it rhyme

...win

daffodil4me

daffodil4me
HSC
yup.
i ripped my practice essays to shreds.http://community.boredofstudies.org/images/smilies/smile.gif

and it felt SOOO good!!

one down one to go (well then there's ext english.. hmm)

im not looking forward to modules on monday

theyre way to specific nowadays. i wana go back in time and do the 2003 hsc or something.
i was lookin at the 2006 paper and i rly was struggling to think of how id go about answering that question. grrrrhttp://community.boredofstudies.org/images/smilies/mad2.gif
x

D3viLisH-AnG3L

HSC
The questions were pretty easy for section 2 and 3, i thought they would've been harder! I don't know about section 1, the last 2 texts were long :S

Did anyone not finish their exam? i ran out of time, i reckon if they gave us another hour it would have been so much better.

GOOD RIDDANCE INNER JOURNEYS!!!!!!!!!! :D

skynet89

HSC
text 3 hard? really i thought that was the easiest. clearest example of a physical journey and so many techniques in it. i thought it was a fairly written exam. thank god its over though

nadz11

HSC
a physical journey? i think the text was a bit to complex to represent that. overall i thought that the exam was fairly difficult if you compare it to the previous years.. but am still confident. what do use think?

elmafud

HSC
How could you need another hour for that? I spent 20 minutes on comprehension and had extra time to enjoy my creative writing.

I thought it was really simple and I'm happy with it. It was all general enough and if you knew your stuff and how to adapt to suit an essay question then it was easy.

Everyone in my year really enjoyed it, bar one or two, but that's to be expected. They make Paper 1 easy enough for everyone to pass, so the real fun comes from what happens on Monday!

I think the HSC's talked up a lot, it's not that stressful, unless you've slacked off all year and haven't bothered learning, in which case you probably shouldn't be enrolled in Grade 12 anyway.

Anyone else enjoying how things are rolling?

jase1990

HSC
elmafud said:
How could you need another hour for that? I spent 20 minutes on comprehension and had extra time to enjoy my creative writing.

I thought it was really simple and I'm happy with it. It was all general enough and if you knew your stuff and how to adapt to suit an essay question then it was easy.

Everyone in my year really enjoyed it, bar one or two, but that's to be expected. They make Paper 1 easy enough for everyone to pass, so the real fun comes from what happens on Monday!

I think the HSC's talked up a lot, it's not that stressful, unless you've slacked off all year and haven't bothered learning, in which case you probably shouldn't be enrolled in Grade 12 anyway.

Anyone else enjoying how things are rolling?
oohhhh get over yourself. You want an effort award or something...Obviously some people found it difficult, no need to get or tense and physical about it. Who are you to question the commitment one has to school and english in specific? . . . i know kids who put hours and hours of study and it still doesn't pay off because there not as ''fortunate'' as some of us. Now please leave your rubbish out the door.

HSC
omg no more skrzynecki. goddamn it took me a while to learn how to spell his name too. this is heaven. no more jouneys.. no more stimulus booklets and immigrants at train stations and on boats.

nadz11

HSC
lol i dont undersand how u ppl say it was easy, the dux and the two below, as well as many others all agreed it was a difficult paper. those who thought it was 'easy' may be suprised when they get their marks back. anyone who can do comprehension in 20 minutes must b a genuis ^0)

elmafud

HSC
jase1990 said:
oohhhh get over yourself. You want an effort award or something...Obviously some people found it difficult, no need to get or tense and physical about it. Who are you to question the commitment one has to school and english in specific? . . . i know kids who put hours and hours of study and it still doesn't pay off because there not as ''fortunate'' as some of us. Now please leave your rubbish out the door.
Clearly a lot of people found it difficult, which is why I asked if anyone was enjoying it like I was.

And I think I had a made a fair assessment on the commitment people make to school. There's a huge difference between making the choice to learn and continue with that level of commitment throughout the year and doing "hours of study". Exam results have nothing to do with being fortunate and everything to do with your attitude towards your education. I understand if you don't agree, but it's the common link between everyone who's succeeded.

boblemur

HSC
lol....so sick of journeys...it makes me feel like never leaving my house again :S

just to avoid them :| but then again the inner journeys and imaginative journeys pplz could tell me that even then i could neva escape them :(

lol so glad its over! the paper wasnt that bad though :p scared for modules

riss123

HSC
just wanna make a point that paper one remember is set for both standard and advance. Its main purpose is to make sure that everyone is in the right class for english. So it cant be too easy, and it cant be to hard.....

it doesnt matter if you found it hard, or if you found it easy. But dont generalise saying "you just had to know your stuff".
Plenty of people across the state would have known there stuff, but applying it to fit into the question is where alot of people fall down.

but, its over now. yay!!! :)

starrysky

HSC
No more My Place.

No more The Road Not Taken.

No more The Red Tree (as a related text ... by itself, it's an appealing text).

No more inner journeys.

EVER.

FUCK YES, I'm happy! :D :D :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)