NO more english!! (1 Viewer)

shady145

Banned
HSC
can't believe i havnt said anything in this forum yet (besides from the previous one)
SHIT YEAH, english gone fo good
woooooooo
@ekoolish i would go through with it all again, i wouldnt drop out because of it =/
bonfire soon, tomorrow the chains come off =P

Got2Kno91

HSC
Aww, people are so slack to English. Believe it or not, it is a subject that you can 'really get into.' No other subjects encourage independant learning to such a degree. You yourself is the one that ends up analysing and gathering different perspectives on various texts, and putting your own ideas, opinions and spin in your essays, creative writing, speeches, posters, etc. It encourages you to not just memorise a textbook, but to bring your own creative flair into the works you produce. It encourages self-initiative and the actual exploration of ideas. Other subjects seem utterly robotic in comparison.

I will concede, it can be very difficult, and if you haven't got the right sort of brain for it, it could be extremely painful and unrewarding i suppose. This isn't helped by the fact your at the subjectivity of the marker. However, I think people shouldn't just 'give up,' they should give it a good chance. They might even end up liking it.

shady145

Banned
HSC
Aww, people are so slack to English. Believe it or not, it is a subject that you can 'really get into.' No other subjects encourage independant learning to such a degree. You yourself is the one that ends up analysing and gathering different perspectives on various texts, and putting your own ideas, opinions and spin in your essays, creative writing, speeches, posters, etc. It encourages you to not just memorise a textbook, but to bring your own creative flair into the works you produce. It encourages self-initiative and the actual exploration of ideas. Other subjects seem utterly robotic in comparison.

I will concede, it can be very difficult, and if you haven't got the right sort of brain for it, it could be extremely painful and unrewarding i suppose. This isn't helped by the fact your at the subjectivity of the marker. However, I think people shouldn't just 'give up,' they should give it a good chance. They might even end up liking it.
really, in standard english(at my school atleast the majority dnt do this) the teacher does it for them

Tofuu

HSC
lucky lucky people, i'm stuck with this subject for another year, sigh, i hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
LOL the laughter starts when she posts a comment or when she gets told off, but overall she is hilarious XD
Agreed. Is it just me or does every thread end up being about how we miss Zazzy? XD

With that being said, i sure as hell don't miss english ^^

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)