no more FREE parking at uws (1 Viewer)

GTR

HSC
Why doesent Blacktown have to pay?
It doesn't take a genius to answer this one... :rolleyes:
Nobody struggles to find a parking spot at Blacktown. This is in stark contrast to Parramatta campus, where students usually have to arrive 15-20 minutes early to find a parking spot. Kingswood campus is another place where parking spots are scarce.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
GTR said:
It doesn't take a genius to answer this one... :rolleyes:
Nobody struggles to find a parking spot at Blacktown. This is in stark contrast to Parramatta campus, where students usually have to arrive 15-20 minutes early to find a parking spot. Kingswood campus is another place where parking spots are scarce.
If thats the case, why do people at hawkesbury have to pay? Cause there is actually heaps of parking ... cause a lot of people travel by train than drive. Maybe blacktown students are just special :p

Malazn Pleasure

External Auditor
HSC
Dingo2004 said:
yellow permits now cost $49.50
all campuses except for blacktown have to pay for parking now

peace^^
thats alrite
i earn that much in an hour anwyay

theone123

blue essence
HSC
meh, at least i got a free one till 07 and theres nothing they can do a shit about it

Malazn Pleasure

External Auditor
HSC
i would think u buy them at the parking place behind the library wen uni starts

michelleanne

HSC
An email has been sent to student email accounts frm the university RE parking at UWS in 2005. For those who don't have access or don't know about the email, the whole email is below:

* * Parking Update * * *

An online parking system is currently under development and it is envisaged that this online system will be available 21 February. Until this time we have no facilities to accept applications for or
payment of parking permits. There will be a wait list facility associated with the online parking
system for red and blue permits. Please ensure that you direct your parking queries or suggestions to the parking email address parking@uws.edu.au. Thank you for your cooperation.

NOTICE TO STUDENTS AND STAFF PARKING ARRANGEMENTS

In 2004 the Board of Trustees decided to introduce parking fees for general (yellow) parking on UWS Parramatta, Hawkesbury, Penrith, Campbelltown and Bankstown campuses from the beginning of 2005, and to increase fees for red, blue and daily parking on the same campuses.

The decision to introduce fees for general parking was due to the ongoing costs that UWS faces for the provision of parking and to enable UWS to provide better parking services. The Board of Trustees set the fees for 2005 as follows:

Parking Permit Cost (incl GST)

Daily Parking (ticket machines)
$4.00 per day

General Parking (yellow) Students
$49.50 per year

General Parking (yellow) Staff
$99.00 per year

Student Residences (green)
$49.50 per year

Communal Reserved Parking (blue) Subject to availability
$133.00 per year

Dedicated Reserved Parking (red) Subject to availability
$330.00 per year

Refunds on parking fees as per the Parking Policy.

PAYMENT METHOD

The parking website will be available mid February 2005 and will provide a link to the Parking Application form and a guide for payment and distribution methods.

The turnaround time from receipt of application and payment to issuing a permit will be seven working days. The parking permit will be posted to your nominated address.

All parking permits are available for purchase online, however, green blue and red parking permits are subject to availability.

Students: Only internet payments will be accepted via UWS iPay site
www.uws.edu.au

Staff: Staff can pay online using the iPay site or via salary sacrifice
or salary deduction.

DAILY PERMITS

Daily permits are available for purchase from the ticket machines located in parking areas on campus. Parking permits must be clearly visible on the vehicle dashboard. All UWS students and staff displaying valid permits are allowed to park in authorised car parks on UWS
campuses.

ENQUIRIES

Email enquiries to parking@uws.edu.au mailto:parking@uws.edu.au

For further information on the University parking policy refer to the website:

http://apps.uws.edu.au/uws/policies/ppm/doc/000043.html
<http://apps.uws.edu.au/uws/policies/ppm/doc/000043.html>

PLEASE NOTE: Parking permits dated 2007 are no longer valid.

michelleanne

HSC
natstar said:
Yay not Blacktown..still curious why they havent done Blacktown. Oh well, at least I dont have to pay anything
I am not sure, but maybe cause blacktown shares its parking with the TAFE, so it would probably be hard to police and the costs associated with the upkeep of the carparks are shared between the uni and tafe, so there is no need to charge studentw. This could be wrong too!!

GTR

HSC
Do you even go to Blacktown? I do. I live on campus, and everytime I go out I have to look for places to park on campus becuase other non residential students have taken residential car spots
For the record, i had to attend Blacktown campus for six consecutive weeks last semester, due to some complications with my schedules. Not once did i have to drive around to find a parking spot. There are plenty of spots opposite the library, and many more near the computer labs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)