• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

No motivation to succeed (1 Viewer)

pretty.in.punk

Totally The Bomb...
HSC
Are you getting the hint by now bscared that "you are not alone" in the way your feeling?

And there lies the answer to your problem!

Get it? You dont have to do this on your own!

Cant get motivated? no probs! Delegate!

Yep DELEGATE your motivation towards people willing to help ya!

We ALL have motivational probs , esp when we start freaking out about this time. Do yourself a favour , like I did ( albeit at first reluctantly and with much skepticism) and get yourself a support group - your own personal fan club if you will! Grab positive people ( friends , relos. THIS SITE) willing to listen to you in your vulnerable "freaking" moments" and here's the hard part , actually LISTEN to them. There's nothing that abit of creating a 'fandom" can do to boost that self esteem , esp when you get all down on yourself.

THEN... ORGANISE. Take these holidays to get all your subjects in order and categorise the topics within them. Grab yourself plenty of folders and write down your objectives on a DAILY basis. just take it one step at a time.

You'll hate it at first. Correction. You'll actually reject the idea and think what's the point blah blah blah. But in actual fact youll be stunned like I was this term to see how far I got considering I was in your shoes and worse at the beginning of the year! It WORKS!

Find your support people- study buddies, friends that believe in ya, hell parents or relos that are willing to give ya that moral support and cheer you on for these 3.5 months till the HSC. Then get help with some organising, daily schedule for time management issues, and by then youll be too damn busy to have those freak attacks on motivation! :)

We CAN do , it Is worth it and I for one aint gonna waste my 11 and a half years of schooling to balk just at the finish line!

LETS DO THIS!!!

Hell YEAH!

JaredR

Save Sderot
HSC
Perhaps an unhealthy way to think of the HSC, but the way in which I think of it...

1) You have gone to school for thirteen years, you have not (since the school certificate - like that meant much) been examined externally on your capabilities. What do you want to have to say for your thirteen years of schooling?

2) If you are like me, and care what other people think. How will you feel (should you) when you tell other people what UAI you got? People will ask! And they won't just ask you, but your parents as well.

Those are my two motivations.

D

DDN

hmm yea for some reason i feel the same way. I know i can get really good for my HSC it's just that motivation to geting a good UAI is very low for me. Although this is like the last holidays before trials and oddly enough it's only saturday of the first week and im slowly geting into my work.

I think because recently i sort of had another reason to study harder, because now for a second option in my career path i want to learn nuclear physics and i know how hard it is so im slowly picking myself up to learn harder. I guess i just have more reason to try harder now.

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
ok think about it this way. we are all equally advantaged when it comes to the hsc. why? because everyone has the same amount of time to study for their exams and subjects. time is normally relative but if we are all equal in that respect then the rest is up to you.

no one can say that 'oh yeah you know i work best when i have aages and aaages to do stuff because i love to procrastinate' or 'oh yeah look at me i can lead a balanced life, score 100uai, win the nobel peace prize and save the world.' well that second thing was meant to be my point that you CAN achieve what you set out to achieve as long as your goals are reasonable.

if you believe 75uai would be the pinnacle of your existence (and don't laugh condescendingly guys cause some of my friends are like that) then GOOD good on you! its your goal, you're motivated, you can do it. if you want that elusive 99.95 uai though then hell yeah you're gonna have to be motivated. what you expect the good things in life to be handed to you on a silver platter? wake up and smell the roses.

all in all, it seems to be that a lot of people have set unrealistic goals and you'll just be setting yourself up for failure IN YOUR EYES. if you really worry about what other people say about your uai and/or make excuses, then you'll probably get killed in the real world. god dammit grow a backbone and be proud of what you can do :) as long as you've put in the effort

and for those who reckon that's being 'try-hard' or whatever. grow up. nothing comes free in life. you know nobody is actually going to take me seriously. but at least i know i've self-motivated myself in typing this out .. and i can only bloody hope that some other four-eyes on the interweb sucking their thumb and listening to bubblegum pop can get motivated and start working too. do it for the sake of me or someone else you know at the least :eek:

riot_girl88

HSC
bobness said:
ok think about it this way. we are all equally advantaged when it comes to the hsc. why? because everyone has the same amount of time to study for their exams and subjects. time is normally relative but if we are all equal in that respect then the rest is up to you.

no one can say that 'oh yeah you know i work best when i have aages and aaages to do stuff because i love to procrastinate' or 'oh yeah look at me i can lead a balanced life, score 100uai, win the nobel peace prize and save the world.' well that second thing was meant to be my point that you CAN achieve what you set out to achieve as long as your goals are reasonable.

if you believe 75uai would be the pinnacle of your existence (and don't laugh condescendingly guys cause some of my friends are like that) then GOOD good on you! its your goal, you're motivated, you can do it. if you want that elusive 99.95 uai though then hell yeah you're gonna have to be motivated. what you expect the good things in life to be handed to you on a silver platter? wake up and smell the roses.

all in all, it seems to be that a lot of people have set unrealistic goals and you'll just be setting yourself up for failure IN YOUR EYES. if you really worry about what other people say about your uai and/or make excuses, then you'll probably get killed in the real world. god dammit grow a backbone and be proud of what you can do :) as long as you've put in the effort

and for those who reckon that's being 'try-hard' or whatever. grow up. nothing comes free in life. you know nobody is actually going to take me seriously. but at least i know i've self-motivated myself in typing this out .. and i can only bloody hope that some other four-eyes on the interweb sucking their thumb and listening to bubblegum pop can get motivated and start working too. do it for the sake of me or someone else you know at the least :eek:

Wow! this actually inspired me to pull out my legal books and start my notes. Thanks!

TheVoodooChild

HSC
I have found ways of procrastination that actually help you remember stuff sometimes works. Like I had this friend who would re-organise her study papers when she didn't want to work and the act of constantly handling her papers and re-reading them to find what category they fit in made her remember. She got a UAI of 92.something

pete_mate

HSC
you will regret it for the rest of your life

there'll always bve that feeling eating away at you, that you could have done better.

whether you are a success or failure at life, but mainly if you fail.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)