• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

No one thinks big of you ad (1 Viewer)

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
Riet said:
I'd seriously like you to elaborate on the dangers of burnouts, and drifting in an unpopulated area.
Yeah I'd like that too you downer. If I floor it at 3am off the lights, then keep going til I hit 200, where the fuck is the inherent danger, other than that posed to myself, which, seeing as I am willing to take the risk in the first place, is irrelevant.

taylor427

HSC
Riet said:
Bos is being fucked up. I said:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I understand perfectly, but shit like turning right across a motorcyclist is alot more dangerous than spinning your wheels off the lights. I'd seriously like you to elaborate on the dangers of burnouts, and drifting in an unpopulated area.
bloody oath,
too many people are ignorant about motorcyclists
the danger of riding is stupid car drivers, not yourself falling like many people assume.

i say more awarness about moto's is more important than profiling and stereotyping p platers

Pace_T

HSC
did anyone see that report on tv about how the american police officers squash racer's cars into a little cube right in front of them. i think thats an effective way of dealing with ppl who race/speed etc
some of my friends who drive sporty fast cars, speed and what not would cringe to even see someone lay a teeny tiny scratch on the paint, let alone cube the fucking thing. hell i even get the shits when my gf puts her fingerprints on the car :burn:

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
Yeah everyone wants that as the punishment for street racers, not just confiscating their cars, after that fatality, as well as 2 p platers getting caught on a guilford morning.

Pace_T

HSC
zimmerman8k said:
stupidest idea ive ever heard. what a waste of a car. why not just confiscate the car. sell it. then fine the offenders and get even more money from them.
yeh but the report was basically saying that since young hoons spend so much on their cars and put a lot of effort into them it hurts to see them cubed. confiscating the car and a monetary fine to me wouldnt be as bad as watching my baby getting all squared up. at least somoene else can go speed in it otherwise :D

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Azamakumar said:
LINK MAY. And I'll check it in two weeks when I'm uncapped.
Did anyone find the condom one on Youtube yet? I haven't really been looking- saw it on TV. It's pretty much the same as the normal one except with catchphrases screaming "Do you like speeding?" and so on... trying to sound like an obnoxious and corny "Do you like <XX>? Well you'll love <YY>!" kindof voice. Hard to explain until you see it.

Justin

HSC
Azamakumar said:
Yeah I'd like that too you downer. If I floor it at 3am off the lights, then keep going til I hit 200, where the fuck is the inherent danger, other than that posed to myself, which, seeing as I am willing to take the risk in the first place, is irrelevant.
Driving that fast on any road (whether public or private) is dangerous no matter what time of the day it is.

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
Yeah great one. I said where's the inherent risk if I'm doing 200 on an empty freeway, besides that which I am posing to myself, you "OMGOMG SPEEDING IS ALWAYS DANGEROUS LOL" cunt.

No shit it's fucking dangerous, but given I'm consciously doing that speed on that road, it means I KNOW the risk that I'm taking, and given the above stipulations, there is no collateral. It would just be -1 'dangerous' driver to society.

mountainman

HSC
iamsickofyear12 said:
A longer stopping distance doesn't automatically mean more danger. If I can see 300 metres in front of me an extra 10 metres to stop is not going to make any difference at all.
Actually yes it does.
Kinetic energy (Ek)= 1/2mv^2
it follows therefore that as velocity increases and mass remains constant, energy will increase
Eg, say 1500kg car travels at 100km/h

Ek=1/2X(1500)X(27.7778)^2
= 578703.70J
=578.7kJ

while at 120km/h
Ek=1/2X1500X(33.333)^2
=833333.333J
=833.333kJ

A very significant diiferance, and yes it does make a difference

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
mountainman said:
A very significant diiferance, and yes it does make a difference
You missed the point of his post you sped. He can see that nothings going to jump in front of him, meaning he won't need to stop.

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
Whoa man, step back with the HSC physics! In the country you can see a very long way infront of you so even if you're going twice as fast (assume stopping distance is double) it doesn't matter because you have way more time to react than you do on Parramatta road when the distance between you and the next car is 10 m or something.

Not to mention he didn't say anything about the severity of the accident, your kinetic energy shit is meaningless.

other guy said:
extra 10 metres to stop is not going to make any difference at all.
Just because I'm bored, most cars can stop with about 0.8 G, that means from 60 km/h (16.667 m/s) it will take you 2 seconds to come to a complete stop, in which time you will cover about 18m. 18 + 10 = 28m Working backwards is a more complicated integral than I can be bothered thinking about without a notepad... but I got lucky...
75 km/h (20.833 m/s) / (9.8*0.8) = 2.66 seconds.
20.833/2 * 2.66 = 27.7 m

750*16.667^2 = 208 kJ
750*20.833^2 = 326 kJ

Difference is appreciable, which is why you don't drive 15 km/h over the limit.

PS, the stopping distance difference between 100 and 120 is more than 10m.

Last edited:

mountainman

HSC
Yeah been studying for trials... physics must have been on my mind too much.
As for driving in the country- I've never lived in the city in my life, so I don't need someone from Sydney to tell me what its like to drive here. That 300m which you can supposedly see (maybe you can see around corners or hills? I dunno, I can't...) really means f/a to that roo hiding in the bushes that jumps out just as you reach it, or to that 400kg steer that just stepped into your headlights staring at you like a stunned mullet. Don't get me wrong, I don't sit on 90 when I'm on a road that I know there are no cops on, because that just holds up the other drivers, but I never, ever go at stupid speeds. I've seen way too many people total their cars on seemingly safe roads (not P-platers either, but thats another story) to listen to anyone say that its OK to speed. But as for the topic of this thread- I've never seen the ads, but I do know that a lot of P-platers do drive like fuckwits, mainly because they have nfi how to drive. I know people who never even sat behind the wheel of a car till they got their L's, then get their P's just a few months later. Thats dangerous if you ask me. and no, I'm saying they should increase the hours on L's, that won't do f/a, I don't know the answers and I don't think you'll ever fix it. I learned the hard way. I used to bash the shit out of the utes when I was younger, but I used to have to incur the wrath of Dad when he saw what I'd done. I learned to take a bit more care pretty damn quick. But the thing is, I was a lot younger than 16 (about half that) when I learned to drive, so I learned from an early age that if you fuck around with cars you will get hurt. 5 kids killing themselves near home from rolling a ute with half of them in the back may have helped too...

mountainman

HSC
Well shit, where do I get me some of that X-ray vision? You can never, ever see that nothing is going to jump out at you roos etc are very good at lurking in shadows. Anyone who has done much driving for more than about 5 minutes would know that surely?

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
Fucks sake, ever heard of a hypothetical?

And there aren't kangaroos n shit in the city, we have these mad things called freeways.

ssejamafone

Ninja?
HSC
N/A
Azamakumar said:
Fucks sake, ever heard of a hypothetical?

And there aren't kangaroos n shit in the city, we have these mad things called freeways.
i saw a dead roo on the freeway once. :eek:

HSC
lol its a retarded add, i love it how they put males only in it. well it didnt stop be, and most people dont speed to impress they speed to get from A to B quicker than usual

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)