• We need YOU to help the next generation of students in the community for the new syllabus!
    Share your notes and trial papers on our Notes & Resources page
  • Like us on facebook here

no.. please this cant be happening.. (1 Viewer)

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
Joined
Jan 16, 2005
Messages
3,711
Gender
Female
HSC
2005
fundamentally said:
I am amazed that it is so low. Scary...
Imagine being looked after in a hospital by nurses who are so dumb.

I knew that nursing is unpopular, but surely there should be some standards in the interest of public safety.
Gosh, don't be so harsh.

Having a low UAI doesn't necessarily mean you're dumb. Surprisingly some people respond better to certain environments and do better at uni than in high school. People who worked hard to scrape their way into a course don't take it for granted, and once you're in uni, nobody cares about your UAI. I feel you are putting too much value into that little number. You shouldn't degrade people based on their UAI.

Sure, you got your 99.90, but if I was lying in a hospital bed I'd rather be nursed by him than you.
 

kami

An iron homily
Joined
Nov 28, 2004
Messages
4,268
Gender
Male
HSC
N/A
Me+you=happy said:
thanks guys.. my uai is low.. because yes, i had some problems during the year and my assessment wasnt so good.. but the 2 months before HSC i was studying my ass off, fine maybe some subjects i wasnt so good at but i tried to do everything

yeah right now, im reading everything i need to know..

u guys wouldnt be able to give me some helpful sites would ya?

would appreciate it =p

thanks again.
Here's some stuff:
TAFE Cert IV in Nursing after this you may apply to UWS, UTS, UOW, ACU etc. in the B of Nursing and in some cases into the second year of the Bachelor. There are also bridging programs run by the TAFE if you are unsure about your ability to make the leap between courses, an example of on such is the Bridging program for Nursing at UWS.

The Bachelor of Nursing which is done through correspondence with Open Universities Australia and has no UAI requisites, though you will have to go to Adelaide 3 days a semester(ie 6 days a year) for practical work. After a years worth of study you should be able to transfer to another university and voila.

There is also the Diploma or Advanced Diploma of Nursing at ACU which is a direct pathway into a Bachelor of Nursing at ACU.

There's also the option of just applying to anything that'll take you and transferring.
 

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
Joined
Jan 16, 2005
Messages
3,711
Gender
Female
HSC
2005
fundamentally said:
It is far more likely that I would be the doctor supervising your care.
:rolleyes:
No, no, no. I wouldn't want that.

You'd be one of those doctors who if accidentally gave me the wrong pill, would never admit you're wrong, plead innocent in court, and claim that I don't know anything about taking medicine because I got an UAI of 98.20.
 

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
Joined
Nov 17, 2002
Messages
6,208
Gender
Undisclosed
HSC
N/A
fundamentally sounds like a troll.... :rolleyes:

a high UAI may grant you a place in med/law/actuarial, but doesn't grant you modesty.

btw, fundy-dear, you're still doing your med-sci/adv-sci part your sci-med degree. you must maintain 80 to continue in the combined program anyway :rolleyes:
 
Last edited:

melsc

Premium Member
Joined
Aug 17, 2004
Messages
6,367
Location
Chasing ambulances in the Inner West...
Gender
Female
HSC
2005
fundamentally said:
Since I am doing medicine at USydney and have had a distinction average so far, that is a debatable point. ;)

I plan to do specialise in Orthopaedics anyway. You don't need much of a bedside manner when you are replacing a knee or doing an arthroscopic cruciate reconstruction.
:chainsaw:
Oh yes, performance in uni means everything :rolleyes:
I have met a few Orthopaedic Surgeons and welll accomplished ones at that and despite not being the most talkative people who have ever met they were far from arrogant
 

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
Joined
Nov 17, 2002
Messages
6,208
Gender
Undisclosed
HSC
N/A
the thing is, fundy, why be openly arrogant to people with lower UAIs (in your case, 99.90% of the 2004 HSC candidature), when you realise that, upon your graduation, as an intern, you will be the lowest shitkicker in a hospital - would you like shit dished out at you then? :)
 

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
Joined
Jan 16, 2005
Messages
3,711
Gender
Female
HSC
2005
melsc said:
Oh yes, performance in uni means everything :rolleyes:
I have met a few Orthopaedic Surgeons and welll accomplished ones at that and despite not being the most talkative people who have ever met they were far from arrogant
Now I really think Fundamentally is a troll. She joined in December (possibly today) and all her posts were made today. We might be just wasting our breath.
 

melsc

Premium Member
Joined
Aug 17, 2004
Messages
6,367
Location
Chasing ambulances in the Inner West...
Gender
Female
HSC
2005
fundamentally said:
It does, when it comes to getting a place on the Orthopaedic Training Scheme. Getting an accredited post as an orthopaedic registrar is fiercely competitive. It is the medical equivalent of getting into investment banking.
Sorry I did not make myself clear on that one, I really meant to say your performance in university may not make you a great doctor in the real world
 

melsc

Premium Member
Joined
Aug 17, 2004
Messages
6,367
Location
Chasing ambulances in the Inner West...
Gender
Female
HSC
2005
Dreamerish*~ said:
Now I really think Fundamentally is a troll. She joined in December (possibly today) and all her posts were made today. We might be just wasting our breath.
I know, but Troll or not I hope the person who started this thread may have believed it and it just pissed me off LOL
 

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
Joined
Jan 16, 2005
Messages
3,711
Gender
Female
HSC
2005
melsc said:
I know, but Troll or not I hope the person who started this thread may have believed it and it just pissed me off LOL
Yeah, I know. There's always a chance she's for real. That's just scary, and very irritating.

Oh! And your DP is the Donohue case with the snail in the drink! That is seriously the only thing I remember from preliminary Legal.
 

melsc

Premium Member
Joined
Aug 17, 2004
Messages
6,367
Location
Chasing ambulances in the Inner West...
Gender
Female
HSC
2005
Dreamerish*~ said:
Yeah, I know. There's always a chance she's for real. That's just scary, and very irritating.

Oh! And your DP is the Donohue case with the snail in the drink! That is seriously the only thing I remember from preliminary Legal.
LOL well that is a case to stick in your mind isn't it *shudders*

LOL now when I see ur font I think its Frigid until I see your av and sig :)
 

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
Joined
Nov 17, 2002
Messages
6,208
Gender
Undisclosed
HSC
N/A
oh i'm still me.

and power-hungry overambitious girls interest me - too bad half of them are misandrists and i think our dear friend fundy wouldn't even consider any guy with a UAI below hers :p
 

melsc

Premium Member
Joined
Aug 17, 2004
Messages
6,367
Location
Chasing ambulances in the Inner West...
Gender
Female
HSC
2005
Frigid said:
oh i'm still me.

and power-hungry overambitious girls interest me - too bad half of them are misandrists and i think our dear friend fundy wouldn't even consider any guy with a UAI below hers :p
Its always about the girls with you isn't it *shakes head*
Care to find me a job Frigid, I'm depressed I can't find one :(
 

seremify007

Junior Member
Joined
Apr 29, 2004
Messages
9,908
Gender
Male
HSC
2005
Uni Grad
2009
Phanatical said:
Marks in the 70's generally equates to a 60's UAI. UAI represents a rank, not a score, and marks in the 70's don't mean UAI's in the 70's. Marks in the low 80's represents a UAI in the 70's.
Just thought I'd add it depends on the subjects you take-
 

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
Joined
Nov 17, 2002
Messages
6,208
Gender
Undisclosed
HSC
N/A
ummm.. it's a bad time of the year to look for legal jobs. :(

and yes, it's always about the girls.
 

Me+you=happy

Member
Joined
Dec 22, 2005
Messages
43
Location
sydney
Gender
Male
HSC
2005
oO

it doesnt drop below 60?!! not even to 60?! *cries!

guys please stop arguing lol

overconfidence kills u btw
nearly killed me in a car accidence now things have changed.

people can be smart with studies and have no common sense at all
where as people who are not so smart, maybe one of the brightest people you'll ever meet

like this one guy in my school, his my friend, his so smart with studies. but if he didnt have his mum around, i think he'd die from starvation and wouldnt know how to wash dishes and all =p

just my 2 cents

Im still scared shitless.. im trying to do this thing on my own.. i thnk i have become to dependant on my girlfriend and she's feeling uncomfortable.

so ima trying to do it all myself and surprise her when she comes back from the philipines =p

thanks for helping me guyss but i'll continue to read and hope
 

melsc

Premium Member
Joined
Aug 17, 2004
Messages
6,367
Location
Chasing ambulances in the Inner West...
Gender
Female
HSC
2005
Me+you=happy said:
oO

it doesnt drop below 60?!! not even to 60?! *cries!

guys please stop arguing lol

overconfidence kills u btw
nearly killed me in a car accidence now things have changed.

people can be smart with studies and have no common sense at all
where as people who are not so smart, maybe one of the brightest people you'll ever meet

like this one guy in my school, his my friend, his so smart with studies. but if he didnt have his mum around, i think he'd die from starvation and wouldnt know how to wash dishes and all =p

just my 2 cents

Im still scared shitless.. im trying to do this thing on my own.. i thnk i have become to dependant on my girlfriend and she's feeling uncomfortable.

so ima trying to do it all myself and surprise her when she comes back from the philipines =p

thanks for helping me guyss but i'll continue to read and hope
hey don't stress too much it seems that their are heaps of options for you (as suggested before the madness in here) and with your RET of 60 and the cutoff of 61 anything is possible :) :uhhuh:
 

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top