No space in core/foundation subject?! (1 Viewer)

gprael

HSC
I'm only just putting in my classes now because I'd been overseas. One of my core subjects says that both available lectures are FULL. Additionally, on the day that said core subject has activities, I have another non-core subject's lecture and tutorial. The only way I could do the tut and lecture for the core subject would be if UTS were to let me into the tutorial and lecture that have been marked FULL. Is this feasible? How could they be FULL if they are core and I have an enrolment place in the course? Help!

Last edited:

HSC
lol...thats what you get for going overseas...

Try the student helpdesk.

mrpet3rr

HSC
i asked one of the people at enrolment . they said check in a couple dayz the woudl make a new class or something so dont be scared lol

gprael

HSC
Chaos averted! They re-opened one of the "full" lectures and even though I THOUGHT it would sonflict with the other non-core subject, there were in different semesters.

BeyondDeath

HSC
I think I've got the same problem with Chemistry 1 even though hopefully I'll get exempted from it. Anyone else here doing it? And whats up with the different "Sections"?

tehpyro

Lord of Bored
HSC
whats up with the different "Sections"?
You'll encounter 'sections' for many different classes (they're not even science faculty isolated-- I have them in IT, too). Basically, a section is a cross-class grouping. Somebody in section 1 won't share classes with people in section 2 or 3. Lectures are rarely affected by the section you choose, as one lecture can hold many more people than one tutorial/lab/workshop/comp. Not much more to it.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)