No such thing as bad publicity? (1 Viewer)

Phanatic

HSC
Hi guys, considering people on this forum were talking about the John Bransgrove posters, I thought I'd copy here what is up on the 180 website:

No such thing as bad publicity?
Well, apparantly there is. It seems we've upset some people on campus (who have chosen to remain anonymous), and they've decided to get creative. Considering all art is imitation, they've created a series of poster prints pretending to be us. The 180 Degrees logo is there, as normal, but apparantly we've got a new mascot; a devil woman with the 180 arrow for a tail. When I say this is bad publicity, I don't mean damaging. I mean tacky. The posters sport the following quotes:
Pretty

What are you afraid of? You've seen my tail just not my face?
- Apparantly this one is the cleverest, combined with the 180 tail devil lady. Get a copy if you can. Oh and you've seen my (Phil's) face. It'll be in the back of the diary next year, on the SAM Board. And what a pretty face it is.

Proof they are evil

- Again with the picture of the devil woman. Unfortunately this didn't work for bigfoot, and so experts are dubious as to the authenticity of this image.

There's nothing wrong with The Lachlan Review, haven't you ever lied before?
- "Once, but then my foot ached for a week and I had to sit down."

Vote for me. Your life will be better. I PROMISE.
- A promise is a promise.

Why? The Lachlan Review? Well, we all lie sometime.
- Why? Grammar?

Don't be afraid. Try me. Vote me. Things will be gooooooooooood.
- "Ah peer pressure, where would my virginity be without you?"

Sending you back

- But you have to be at the clock tower by midnight!

Driving you backwards
- We call it "reverse".

I want your MUSC
- "All your MUSC are belong to us!"

"Trust me!"
- Never trust a man that says "trust me". Unless it's on an anonymous poster.

I can't believe it. They believe!
- "You mean to say this isn't butter?"

Vote for me. 180 is at your service.
- Wow, ummm... thanks?

I'm not new around here, but don't ask me what happened before 2003
- "After Conception Day I can't even remember last month!"

We at 180 Degrees are not going to be taking the posters down. We feel that they do us more good than harm, especially getting our name out there during elections, so we thank whoever did it. We wouldn't be surprised if people want to keep a copy as a memento, or the University takes them down, so we've taken photos which will be coming soon to the 180 site. Thanks once again to those that spent time and resources writing, printing and coming in on the weekend to put those posters up and try to discredit us. Better luck next time kids!

- Phil

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
It's only bad if its the first time the person hears about 180 degrees, and thinks its nonsense. Otherwise, everyone else knows its probably a prank.

X

xeuyrawp

Aww I haven't seen these.

I like it how the posterers think that the only way they can win Council/SAM/MUSC elections is by destroying 180. Surely that's a good sign on how much we've achieved... It's so funny that they haven't put their own name on the signs, as it probably appears that they were sent out as part of the 180 Jest. I say we still have:

'Oneeightydegrees stole the cookie from the cookie jar!'

CrashOveride

HSC
phantic dont u goto usyd ?
and u are running for election stuff there?

whats the go

mods: get rid of that picture.

X

xeuyrawp

Philomena_86 said:
that is absolutely repulsive and not funny
LOL.

NTB- watch yourself, you might get hit with a stray flying Bible.

X

xeuyrawp

CrashOveride said:
phantic dont u goto usyd ?
and u are running for election stuff there?

whats the go
Nono, you have to be careful, here.

Phanatical is Quah- some USyd guy that seems to be unilaterally hated on these boards.

Phanatic is Phill Betts- som MU guy that wears a chicken suit and fishermen pants.

Why? :S

Phanatic

HSC
Aye, I be Phanatic, not Phanatical. Sorry for the confusion!

I'm now on the SAM Board, so things should get interesting.

The posters went up this afternoon, and I had no less than three people ring me about them :p - Even I was surprised at that level of coverage! They should still be up tomorrow, as we're not taking them down. They're tooamusing.

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
CrashOveride said:
among other things.

If NTB continues to post nonsense...

Last edited:

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Victor Ma: Serving the people of Chin--- err i mean Australia.

Phanatic

HSC
Ahahaha, there are plans...

As for posters, I've got a couple, but haven't sorted them yet (photoshopped them for size etc.)

We do have one so far:

You can tell they're not ours because we could never afford so much black ink!

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
I dont get it, so are they calling you a raving feminist ?

^___^
HSC
Cyan_phoeniX said:
its actually encryptic.

the trident represents the phallic stage that Ma and his gang are currently at: 3-6 years old. The women represents their oedipus complex (their secret desire to have sex with their mother, yet fear that they will be castrated by their father), and the tail is analgous to their desire to 'sweep' (as a tail does) democracy aside and put in its place a communist party made of thugs.

reminds me of HSC english

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Cyan_phoeniX said:
its actually encryptic.

the trident represents the phallic stage that Ma and his gang are currently at: 3-6 years old. The women represents their oedipus complex (their secret desire to have sex with their mother, yet fear that they will be castrated by their father), and the tail is analgous to their desire to 'sweep' (as a tail does) democracy aside and put in its place a communist party made of thugs.
Hahahahhahaha! Nicely done :)

And yeah, im laughing, but more at the engrish within rofl

cpjeeves

Totally dibble!
HSC
N/A
Those are kinda funny in a bizarre, non-sequiter way. Made me giggle.
Well...we all laugh sometime.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Hahahhaa! Oh man, thats almost as bad as the dude who googled a whole 3rd year programming assignment and ended up with portia de rossi in the background for a 'kids' game.

X

xeuyrawp

AsyLum said:
Hahahhaa! Oh man, thats almost as bad as the dude who googled a whole 3rd year programming assignment and ended up with portia de rossi in the background for a 'kids' game.
Hmmm *goes to google - 'Discuss the myth of the conflict between Horus and Seth. What relevance did the myth have for the kings of Egypt?'*

Didn't work :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)