"no thread specified" (1 Viewer)

timmii

sporadic attendee
I was wondering if anyone else had this problem, and/or how they resolved it...I've been just opening multiple windows and it gets irritating!

Ok, here's the prob: When i get an email msg and follow the link, if i want to post a reply it always tells me i'm not logged in. It then logs me in, lets me type the msg, and then tells me i'm not logged in - disappearing with the msg *sigh*.

I was dealing with that ok, until today.

Now, whenever i add to a thread (not from email link), i get a "no post is specified" symbol....instead of taking me back to the post, which again is irritating.

Am i completely unco, or is something wrong? Or is there a legitimate "yes" to both of those questions?

B

Bambul

Try this. Just before you hit the "Submit Reply" button, press Ctrl-N to open a new window. Now click on the "Submit Reply" button there, type in your password when it asks for it and quickly go back to the first window and click on the "Submit Reply" button again. That should work, it's the fastest way I can think of.

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
nah your not unco it was doing that to me last night everytime I sent a reply it would end up on that page that tells you to refresh and when I pressed refreshit would tell me that there was no thread specified. Also, none of the threads were updating as in if I or someone else posted it wouldn't show it it would say someone who posted ages ago was the last to post and I think its still happening now.

Lazy

Old Bastard
HSC
All you need to do is push the 'back' button on your browser as soon as the data-base error comes up, then hit submit reply again. Its as easy as that :)

Angelic_Angel88

Miss Guided
HSC
Originally posted by Lazy
All you need to do is push the 'back' button on your browser as soon as the data-base error comes up, then hit submit reply again. Its as easy as that :)
Hehehe, yup! That's what I do too :D

But, I hope it doesn't submit my reply twice :(

timmii

sporadic attendee
Thanx everyone, It's a pain but at least your suggestions kind of work.

Suggestion to BoS admin: make it so you can immediately reply to email subscription links.....? :D

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
I think atm it's dependent on what VBulletin is capable of. I have no idea, because it's a commercial package and I've never bothered downloading a pirated copy :p Not that I'd ever pirate anything, oh no...

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Angelic_Angel88

But, I hope it doesn't submit my reply twice :(
there is a thirty second gap between posts allowed ... so if you submit and then reasonably quickly go back, then it will post it or say you cant post more than one post in thirty seconds ...

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by anti
Not that I'd ever pirate anything, oh no...
apparent the majority (or a very large proportion) of computers (and in particular personal computers) have at least one piece of pirated software ... i mean, its almost unavoidable ... :D

btw whats with all the *coughing* ... we should have on-site doctors ... :D

T

tactic

Okay,
main reason why a lot of the errors happen is because people use the cjb.net address and cjb.net had permanent masking which stuff up the parameter passing and things like that so that is why you get those no thread specified errors 99.9% of the time.. every person who has emailed me about it has always ended up having that as the problem.

use www.boredofstudies.org/community
or hsc.ozlpn.com/community

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
the site is back to normal ... except the posts posted during the crashed-time seem to be gone or havent been added ... o well, the good thing is the forum is working ...:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)