Nominated for PowerHouse (1 Viewer)

easyrider

HSC
Just wondering who's projects have been nominated and wat they are..

any details on the nomination system would also be appreciated.

-peace

crossmyheart

HSC
mine was nominated :D
i get all the info on monday so i may let you know

i designed a website for students entering high school, covering issues such as bullying, timetables, safety, exams/ stress and so on... it was boring but i knew the markers would like the idea. if you want to see my website get in contact

bazman

The site sounds impressive,were you told as soon as your project was marked and does anyone know how many get nominated (ive been told about 20), and on what criteria? as ive seen some impressive works (a passive solar window for example) which have been marked yet no word on nominations.

slinky_cumquat

Geriatric
HSC
theres probably a couple hundred in the state that are nominated. about 20 or so go to powerhouse. some schools get no nominations, others have 5... it all depends.. the markers choose the nominations as they mark the MDPs. selection of these for powerhouse im not too sure of though. i think its the board of studies who decide.. maybe the powerhouse too? i duno. i find though, i went to the exhibition last year and i found the MDPs on the whole, to be really not all that great. there were some good ones, but not overly impressive. i had the same feeling for Art express this year too. hopefully it will be better for class of 05.

general rule of thumb: Barker college usually kick ass at DT i hear.

and i got nominated too!! :D im so excited. it feels great that hard work has been paid off. i made a wall light installation.

now the wait begins...

Breakthrough

Light the Way
HSC
I didn't :(

Two guys out of like twenty-five got nominated in my school. The criteria doesn't seem to be based on "band 6" like last year.

They were:
- A pull down ski rack on top of a car (Small Folio)
- Ascending/descending combination absailing gismo .... >.<! (Great folio)

dawso

needmorecustomstatusspace
HSC
criteria that they use: a range of projects, which are easily transportable and have a good initial impression, if someone designs a brilliant political system which it takes a while 2 understand then they obviously arent goin 2 be accepted because the projects need 2 appeal 2 the wider community

they also try not 2 put the projects which acheive the best marks due to their great folios up on display, otherwise, every student in the state would go 2 powerhouse and just examine everything they did and repeat it in their folio,

basically, being nominated is an honour, but its not the be all and end all, i know 3 people hu have acheived first in the state and none of em got nominated for designtech, but congrats 2 all the people hu actually make it, i look forward to looking at ur projects....

Rachel_M

Rachel_M
HSC
i didn't, but i wasn't expecting or hoping to - my project was shithouse!

but one girl in my school did - she made all this merchandise for the Beijing Olympics 2008, mainly these gorgeous glass bowls and glass feature stuff....it was gorgeous and a fantastic and enormous folio too! she deserved it :)

evilferret

HSC
yay i did

my magazine got nominated :) It's a 21x21cm 73 page mag for girls, an alternative to cleo and cosmo, thus much more substance and no pictures of scantily dressed girls! But i don't think it will get in.. the markers didn't notice the spelling mistake on the front cover. Also i saw last years publishing work at the powerhouse ----amazing!

The_Shaman

HSC
no nomination for me, but 2 from our school though some awesome soccer training kit and some boring horse strap with scary, scary folios i wish i'd made a magazine, that would have been awesome!

dawso

HSC
just got a call from my teacher, i got nominated :) we had 3 from my school get nominated, mine, a guy hu made a coffee table which is a guitar with a curved neck and amp as a cabinet (best woodwork project i have ever seen including at professional woodwork shows) and a gal hu made a chair following an egyptian theme, does anyone know what happens now?

crossmyheart

HSC
you will get a form to fill out- couple of sections... student information then a few questions in regards to your MDP... you will have to complete this form and send this (along with a photograph of your project or a DVD/CD copy in case of multimedia) to BOS

dawso

HSC
DanielleM said:
Mine was nominated.
go team! and u thought urs was bad......pfft

y arent u on msn aye aye??

nwatts

HSC
I don't do D&T, but a friend of mine did, who found he was nominated yesturday. :)

He designed a contemporary-styled acoustic bass guitar. Looks and sounds just brilliant.

ashleyr00

HSC
Urgent!!!

ive been nominated for DesignTech this year....
HOW DO I KNOW IF I HAVE BEEN SELECTED?
does anyone else know if there work is DEFINITELY being exhibited at the Powerhouse? if so, how did you find out?
Shouldnt they contact you regardless?
i was under the impression i would be sent a letter with this knowledge by the end of October...
IF ANYONE KNOWS ANYTHING...PLEASE...???

dawso

HSC
sorry....if u dont know yet, then u didnt make it, congrats on the nomination though....

ashleyr00

HSC
well thats what i thought but i assumed they would let you know by mail or something. how do you know? have you been selected this year? or do you know some one who has? when i applied i didnt put my nomination in the envelope they supplied, do you think that would have made a difference? i just want to know if they receieved mine also because i sent it in on the last day...

niteshade1312

HSC
My friend found out a while ago that she was in the exhibition maybe 2 weeks ago.. congrats on the nomination though!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)