Non Award (1 Viewer)

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
Okay...

My marks arent the best.
SAM has predicted my UAI to be in the late fifties.

Will they even let me in to say...a B Arts?

:(

Tabris

HSC
I dont know, B arts at Macq has the highest cut-off of all the arts degres in NSW (i think), u have to be very lucky to get in with a UAI like that, even if u do, you need to maintain a good work ethic otherwise u will drop out. A work ethic that results in a late 50's UAI means that you will be seriously be struggling in the course, unless of course u try very hard.

bscienceboi

HSC
N/A
... said:
Non awards don't look at your UAI do they???
Yeah thats what I thought too.

You just have to pass the subjects your doing in 1 or 2 years and you can enrol in cant you?

iwannarock

HSC
mr_brightside said:
Okay...

My marks arent the best.
SAM has predicted my UAI to be in the late fifties.

Will they even let me in to say...a B Arts?

:(
NOOOOOOOOOO mr brightside you gotta meke it to uni!

maaaaaaacquarie woooooooooo.

if yousd dont make it to uni i dont know what i'd do.

aaaaaah i feel so alone!

X

xeuyrawp

... said:
Non awards don't look at your UAI do they???
Some subjects do, with some subjects requiring you to be above 60. They're definitely in the minority, though. Most subs don't require a UAI at all.

Dan -- from memory, these subjects are sciency and businessy, so I don't think you'd want to do them anyway?

Remember that to get from non-award into a BA, you just need to pass everything. :) I told Sarah, but I forgot to tell you, that I'm working on pathways day, so I'll see you around?

X

xeuyrawp

Lundy said:
Or you can always go to UWS ;)
But then you run the risk of being in a place you don't want to be, getting bad marks, and not being able to transfer.

Lundy

Banned
HSC
A couple of my friends did non-award at Maq (I think it involves only taking 2 classes a semester so it's not that difficult), and IIRC they passed and are now doing arts/education type degrees. :)

im an idiot

or am i?
HSC
getting into the lowest cut off course then transfering would be better than this right?

mr_brightside

HSC
im an idiot said:
getting into the lowest cut off course then transfering would be better than this right?
I doubt the lowest cut off course is low enough

iwannarock

HSC
how hard could non-award be?

you just need to pass thats all dont you?

surprisingly, passing is quite easy at uni.

im living proof off that.

my friend did non-award. he got to do a music course for non-award. the course is pretty easy to pass.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
A Non-Award course does not take UAI into account.

It involves the completion of 4 units at a Pass rate (GPA of 2.0) or better.

Upon completion, you will be automatically be enrolled into either a B Arts or B Sci.

A GPA of 2.5 or better will allow you to go into a B Arts-Psych/B Sci-Psych and other degrees can be negotiated.

You will be exactly like normal students except you will report to a different admin, and around 300-400 per credit point.

Ring the Macquarie Hotline or turn up to the Pathways Day to find out more (and meet a few of us har har) but we can give you better advice then, or you could PM skittled or i as we have been trained to specifically deal with such enquiries :)

http://www.pathwaysday.mq.edu.au/academic-advice.htm

mr_brightside

HSC
oh cool. thanks asylum!

Hmm...I wonder if its really worth all this trouble to go to uni...

iwannarock

HSC
mr_brightside said:
oh cool. thanks asylum!

i'm gonna be honest with you.

uni is definetly not worth the trouble. i actually hate uni with a passion. but i keep on passing so i may aswell stay.

u've got like 2 months to think about it.

basically i've learned from school and uni that anything academic in life is boring and no fun. which is why i plan on being in a rock n roll band.

X

xeuyrawp

AsyLum said:
A Non-Award course does not take UAI into account.
Whilst entrance into non-award doesn't look at UAI, some units have a UAI cut-off. Most humanities (the mainstream units) and SCMP subjects require a UAI of 50+, except AHST which need no UAI, and PHIL, which need a UAI of 60+. Generally, maths, physics, electronics, stat, etc need a UAI of 60+. Even if you have a UAI in the 50s, I'm sure you can dodge the 60+ units...

You will be exactly like normal students except you will report to a different admin, and around 300-400 per credit point.
Humanities and SCMP are $360 per credit point; Law, commerce, math, finance, ecos, and electronics are $450; computing is $550.

brightside said:
It may not be, but how is spending one semester and a couple hundred bucks going to be a huge waste anyway? You mayaswell go try it -- at least you'll make a lot of friends and have a good time. :)

brightside said:
mr_brightside

Everything sucks...
No it doesn't. =)

Last edited by a moderator:

im an idiot

or am i?
HSC
mr_brightside said:
I doubt the lowest cut off course is low enough
yea im talkin bout me though :)

i think my uai is high enough to get into the very lowest cut off

iwannarock

HSC
listen to pwaryuex he knows his stuff.

so much so that he posted his stuff 3 times.

even if you dont like the academic side of uni........hell just go to the bar and get drunk.

theres no harm in going to uni just for a semester to see what its like.

but if you didnt like school theres a high chance you wont like uni.

X

xeuyrawp

iwannarock said:
listen to pwaryuex he knows his stuff.
I actually don't. I'd listen to asylum or skittled more than me... I didn't even know that you could transfer to other degrees than a BA. Then again, it's a learning process for us all.

so much so that he posted his stuff 3 times.
Who says I posted 3 times? :p

even if you dont like the academic side of uni........hell just go to the bar and get drunk.

theres no harm in going to uni just for a semester to see what its like.
Exactly right.

but if you didnt like school theres a high chance you wont like uni
I must be in the minority then... I think that Dan's more like me in that he's less of a popularis and more of a clique-group person, in which case, uni is better. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)