Non Award (1 Viewer)

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
Youve got to admit that school sucks compared to uni.
Uni has weeded out all the simpletons and immature fuckheads.

hmmmm....maybe doing a semester to see how I like it is a good idea

iwannarock

HSC
PwarYuex said:
I actually don't. I'd listen to asylum or skittled more than me...
I must be in the minority then... I think that Dan's more like me in that he's less of a popularis and more of a clique-group person, in which case, uni is better. :)
in that case i guess he'd probably like uni better.

im an idiot

or am i?
HSC
iwannarock said:
but if you didnt like school theres a high chance you wont like uni.
from what ive heard uni is less memerising, more thinking. therefore some people who did very good in high school cant cope with uni.

also uni is supposed to be just... better

iwannarock

HSC
mr_brightside said:
Youve got to admit that school sucks compared to uni.
Uni has weeded out all the simpletons and immature fuckheads.

hmmmm....maybe doing a semester to see how I like it is a good idea
i might be in the minority when i say this but i liked school better. maybe because with school everybody seemed closer and my grade was a tight group.

year 12 was absolutely great bar the HSC and assessments. uni is a completely different atmosphere.

the good thing about uni is that its easier, takes up less time, allows more freedom and theres generally no troublemakers. but thats about it.

its probably just me because i'm an anti-social fuck at uni............but uni just can't replace what school was for me.

maybe next year i'll try and embrace the social side of uni more.

X

xeuyrawp

You've also got to take a different attitude with your social life at uni, I think.

You actually need to force yourself to say 'hi' to the person sitting next to you, otherwise you'll never meet anybody.

iwannarock

HSC
PwarYuex said:
You've also got to take a different attitude with your social life at uni, I think.

You actually need to force yourself to say 'hi' to the person sitting next to you, otherwise you'll never meet anybody.
but its not only that, sure i make friends with randoms in tutes so i have people to sit with but those friendships stay at uni if you get what i mean.

come fri-sat night i hang out with all my friends from school.

in my opinion it seems harder to make friends at uni that you'd hang out with outside of uni. the fact that everyone is from everywhere is another problem.

hmmmmmm sounds like im painting a bad picture of uni.

must rectify the situation

UNI IS GREAT! :) *gives big thumbs up and cheesy smile*

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
if i ever see uni people out of uni hours they are the ones that live close to me, otherwise it's school people all the time. what do people do who don't have school friends to go out with?

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
They go on BoS duh!

lol, seriously ive been one of those people who really has a hard time trying to find friends to hang out with because i live a bit from uni, dont have many schoolfriends who went to mq, and of those that did are in humanities, and im just generally perceived as a hobo :(

HSC
N/A
Uni's a bit whacked, but I enjoy it greatly.

I love the whole "walk in, walk out without having to speak to anyone" approach. Some days, I'm just really tired, or just not in a good mood, and I don't *have* to be friendly. Other days, I'll just sleep in my car for a few hours ;)

Since MQ is structured with minimal uni hours in mind, I also rarely meet people outside of tutes and random BOS meetups (like Mike, I don't have many schoolfriends at Uni). For some reason that doesn't bother me...? *shrugs* I've got a pretty good outside-of-uni life, so that keeps me happy :)

Last edited:

iwannarock

HSC
glitterfairy said:
"walk in, walk out without having to speak to anyone" approach. QUOTE]

ah so many days i pull off that approach its great.

im like flash gordon some days. in and out of uni in a flash.

those days are usually when i get a killer 9am tute or something where i go home to go back to sleep afterwoods. im too grumpy at that time to talk to people.

^___^
HSC
hm
i usually rock up to uni when no one is around :(
ie 5pm onwards

hence don't do computing units, you will have no life/friends :(

X

xeuyrawp

AsyLum said:
They go on BoS duh!

lol, seriously ive been one of those people who really has a hard time trying to find friends to hang out with because i live a bit from uni, dont have many schoolfriends who went to mq, and of those that did are in humanities, and im just generally perceived as a hobo :(
I'm sad to say that bos has provided me with a lot of nice friends. :eek:

I'm at uni every day next sem, but have huge breaks, so every single MU boser is expected to pay me a visit on the grass near the lake. Non-attendence without a doctor's certificate will result in a F of ROB101.

HSC
N/A
iwannarock said:
glitterfairy said:
"walk in, walk out without having to speak to anyone" approach. QUOTE]

ah so many days i pull off that approach its great.

im like flash gordon some days. in and out of uni in a flash.

those days are usually when i get a killer 9am tute or something where i go home to go back to sleep afterwoods. im too grumpy at that time to talk to people.
Oh, 9am tutes... don't remind me! (I'm so glad I passed accounting!)

Tabris

HSC
PwarYuex said:

I am going to hijack this thread since the problem is solved.

Now the question is, how many uni friends have u actually made?

Only a handful for me.... but they are good ones

Lundy

Banned
HSC
mr_brightside said:
:(

Everything sucks...
aww... *hugs Dan*

If you want to get into uni bad enough, you will. Even if it means getting there in a more round-about way.

HSC
N/A
Hmm... I keep in touch with (sorry guys, have to type your names out other wise I'll screw up my count. Yes, braincells have already started dying by the thousands!) - Mike (asy), Kendrea, as well as Charlene and Katie from Arts, and Alex from high school. Oh, and fellow BOSers!

Bit of a small list :(

PwarYuex said:
I'm sad to say that bos has provided me with a lot of nice friends.

I'm at uni every day next sem, but have huge breaks, so every single MU boser is expected to pay me a visit on the grass near the lake. Non-attendence without a doctor's certificate will result in a F of ROB101.
ROFL!!!

I agree, BOS is awesomeness for making friends. With infrequent "hanging around MQ" time (for most people, anyway), I really don't bump into anyone outside of classes. But all the bosmembers I've met so far in person are lovely! (And Tabris is as well even though I haven't met him in person, because he potentially saved my butt from having to repeat accounting!!!! I should be worshipping him!!!)

Where on the grass near the lake will you be sitting, Rob? I'm pretty geographically challenged, you might have to sit next to a big fat sign saying "ROB IS HERE!" in order for me to find you... :(

iwannarock

HSC
PwarYuex said:
I'm sad to say that bos has provided me with a lot of nice friends. :eek:

but how do you know that? have you done your timetable already?

i thought we don't do our timetables and enrolment til mid jan sometime :S

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
... said:
hm
i usually rock up to uni when no one is around :(
ie 5pm onwards

hence don't do computing units, you will have no life/friends :(
mate i dont do any comp subjects and i still dont have friends... wheres the fairness in life?

brightside lad, if i could dance as well as your sig shows you could, i wouldnt choose to be at uni... id be tuning the ladies or men if thats your preference...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)