noninfectious disease? (1 Viewer)

danz90

HSC
lead poisoning

did it in a table.. and just learnt it from the chem course. lol i initially fell into the trap of writing about an infectious disease.. luckily after i started writing occurence i realised that i was talking about infectious.

lol @ dolbinaus comment about being people pretentious, arrogant etc.. so true

lizac

HSC
yeh i wrote a whole page and ahalf on it then looked at the question to check i was on the right track when i realised it was NON infectious, so then i just did all again, it was so annoying, but i am glad i ckecked

Kew

HSC
I chose to do Anorexia Nervosa as a last minute resort.
Didn't really first-hand investigate a non-infectious disease - just knew the basics of it, but I seemed to pull it off well. :)

Cob-was-here

HSC
I did Down Syndrome (aka Trisomy 21 - a third chromosome on the 21st pair)
I can't believe i remembered everything for it from a year 9 PDHPE assignment...

cccclaire

HSC
You won't get 4 marks. The most I'd say is 2.

Because they could see it as an intentional error because you don't know any non-infectious diseases.

I did down syndrome. I forgot to say that there wasn't a cure, just treatments avaliable. I won't lose any marks I think though, because the rest of my answer was pretty awesome.

cccclaire

HSC
Lucid Scintilla said:
The cure is an unfortunate one, which all must face, whether they suffer from it or not.
Or, perhaps the cure is the disease, and the disease is the cure?

In any case, the gothic rock band from the '80's, The Cure, weren't too bad. :p
You should easily get the full marks you deserve.

The cure are awesome. I'm gonna listen to some now.

cccclaire

HSC
Lucid Scintilla said:
Imma listening to an oh-so appropriate song, "Friday I'm in Love".
:rolleyes:

I actually like that song.

Btw, sorry for the huge off-topicness.
I like boys don't cry.

and fuck the topic, what is it? Multiple choice or something.

axlenatore said:
arrrghhhh i did scruvy
I lol'd

rusty91

HSC
I did coeliac disease which i believe no one reading this knows what it is.. unless they do research now etc etc lol

nymphae

HSC
Uni Grad
Funnily enough, I'm also listening to Friday, I'm in Love. It's a great, great song.

As for the disease, I did "Huntington's Disease". Only I know I stuffed up the occurrence because I'm a closet moron. Oh well. I can live with 4/5. [[Or fingers crossed my marker doesn't realise just HOW dumb the mistake was.]]

Kirsty Xx

That's the price we pay
HSC
rusty91 said:
I did coeliac disease which i believe no one reading this knows what it is.. unless they do research now etc etc lol

Hell no you idiot, all it is the inflammation of the intestines due to an allergy to gluten.
lol, you fool

DeLeon

HSC
Takuto said:
hahha nope, no time

wow really?

i walked out with 30 mins left- couldn't be buffed waiting for lockdown. looked over everything i wrote- i was so bored i even drew a meiosis diagram to illustrate crossing over :) - boost up my marks incase i didnt get full marks for the question:mad1:

i go to a school where 80 do bio and at least 15 people from the top 20 left with at least 30 mins before finishing time. I think that we got lucky with our HSC paper, didn't have anything too intense like the 2x 8marker questions that the 2005 students got on health.

Overall pleased with what i did.

Go the Downies! :rofl:

lucinderalla

happy, smiley person :)
HSC
i did CVD because it pretty much crosses over from PDHPE - i love it when that happens :)

JustinM23

HSC
Lol this question kind of caught me out. I ended up doing cataracts since I knew all about it from communication.

I hope it goes down ok with the markers.

Grieg

HSC
i cant believe you all got it wront.....haha absolute downers....it was INFECTIOUS DISEASE...lol

Takuto

HSC
Grieg said:
i cant believe you all got it wront.....haha absolute downers....it was INFECTIOUS DISEASE...lol
nah, they had sex with the word non infectious

no use trying to trick

vs2328

HSC
gloworm14 said:
*high tens*

did you guys write somewhere what type of non infectious disease it was?
i realised that i didnt do it until half way writing my definition of down syndrome i.e '.... which causes this hereditary disease.' :rolleyes: sneaky
apparently down syndrome isn't an inherited disease.. one of the bio teachers went to an inservice and said its not considered as inherited (even though its in the textbooks) and that melanoma isn't an evironmental disease .. although the question wasn't specific in asking for environmental or inherited .. so down syndrome is still considered as non infectious

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)