Normal to feel overwhelmed about law? (1 Viewer)

jay_k

HSC
I just started my first year in law and I'm feeling completely overwhelmed and insecure about this course. Does this mean it isn't the right course for me or is it normal to feel like this at the beginning?
Thanks

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
Yes it's normal to feel overwhelmed. You can't be expected to do all your readings with other commitments in life. If you fall behind a bit that's okay there's mid-sem break, reading week and stuvac to catch up.

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
Feeling basically the same as well. ''Is it the right course for me?'' ''Was it the wrong choice?''

But apparently it gets better (or it gets worse but you get better at handling it) so just hang in there.

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
I think about switching to Comm/Eco all the time but I'm still doing law haha..

wannaspoon

ремове кебаб
HSC
Uni Grad
I just started my first year in law and I'm feeling completely overwhelmed and insecure about this course. Does this mean it isn't the right course for me or is it normal to feel like this at the beginning?
Thanks
try getting 15/50 for your first assignment (taught me to pull my socks up)... that was me, I'm in my final year now...

I felt like dropping it after getting that mark... honestly, if it wasn't for a few marks I've got here and there I would probably be eligible for honours when I finish...

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Bad marks are a dime a dozen in law. It's normal to feel overwhelmed, but there are a lot of people in the same boat as you. It's a lot more difficult than high school (not just law, university in general), and you'll acclimatise to it in time. If you're feeling a bit more overwhelmed than you think is normal, there are university counselling services available (which are often free), and I'd encourage you to take them up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)