North and South miniseries (1 Viewer)

jennylim

HSC
who else out here does 3u eng individual and society?? hmm nehu i was just watching the first episode of this...for someone who isn't even a fan of the book, i don't think this miniseries does it justice. doesn't have as much life or energy as the book did, which is REALLY saying something, but i must say thornton was much hotter than expected.

Sasky

HSC
Hmmm.

Definetly agree wth you about thronton looking hot thing.

It got a great review last monday in SMH, but didn't think it was as terrific as they made it up to be.

But then again, I think I was late to it. I saw it from the bit Margaret had fallen asleep on the grass and that guy came up to her and tried to propose - I know that is at the beginning of the book, but did anything happen before that?

Also, they moved really fast. And I hated how Thornton hit that worker - which DID NOT happen in the book!

But, I think it has potential. Waiting for next week before I give it my thumbs up or downsies.

Monkey Butler

Pray For Mojo
HSC
It's retarded, all the critics and the ads are making the book out to be the best thing ever written, when it was really just a piece of shit. Any 3u's - argue that the novel is shit and reactionary (Gaskell only wrote it cos she got in shit for writing Mary Barton) and demonstrates the willingness of the masses (middle class, that is) to accept bland, hackneyed, plot-hole filled crap in order to seem cultured. Seriously, do that well and you'll ace the course. Fuck I hate that book.

Sasky

HSC
Monkey Butler said:
It's retarded, all the critics and the ads are making the book out to be the best thing ever written, when it was really just a piece of shit.

Any 3u's - argue that the novel is shit and reactionary...

Fuck I hate that book.
*fans Monkey*

woo hooo.

I feeeeeel the anger - truly I do! :cool:

Hated that book to death last year, but kinda gotten over the rip-Gaskell to shreds feeling when it's on TV now.

*pout*

minalata

HSC
hmmph hated the book... watched it in btw csi hehe hmm thornton was more hotter/kinder/sensisitive in my mind :)

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
book was pretty crap. Well, actually I dont know if I can call it crap but I certainly didn't enjoy it (God only knows why I ended up writing about it in my exam....)

havent watched but saw a pic of Thornton. URGH. They said that he was challenging the powers of Darcy. AS IF!!!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)