• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

North Sri Lankan refugees (1 Viewer)

LANADELREY

HSC
Yeah based on a 20 year old stat rich blacks 20 years ago did worst than poor whites. no racial bias in the test at all amirite. I guess those guys are harvard and princeton are just full of shit. well maybe you haven't seen how abysmal the education system in predominantly black areas are have you? maybe that might have an effect on schooling? but still, good job on using a 20 year old stat about "education" when the SAT's aren't even a mandatory test. But still, good job on using an outdated statistic to prove your point how dumb black people are.
It's not just 20 year old statistics - for 100 years the gap in IQ between Whites and Blacks (of 15 points) has not closed. Here's a good overview of the last 100 years: http://humanvarieties.org/2013/01/15/100-years-of-testing-negro-intelligence/

btw Srivasa Ramanujan was a Tamil; his IQ can't be very high then.
Averages.

Last edited:

isildurrrr1

HSC
N/A
lol ikr! isilderp doesnt know when he just had his intellectual ass obliterated HAHA

isilderp give up plz

Yu dont know what you're talking about idiot.
omg i know :( i wish everyone in the world would just know how dumb negroes and spics are and IQ always have correlated with race :( and oh my god refugees destroying the aussie way of life, OH THE HUMANITY!

Sathius005

HSC
Uni Grad
The refugee intake is centred on skilled immigration i.e. via points based system. The refugees are selected on the basis of who can contribute most to the Australian economy. I am a former North Sri Lankan refugee and I now work for the Australian Labor Party and on the distinguished road to becoming a federal Labor MP. My dad was a veterinary surgeon in Sri Lanka and on that basis we were welcomed into Australian society. Lord Jesus come into my heart. I will make you my hero and helper. I repent of my sins. I will never be the same in Jesus name. Show some compassion to the less fortunate guys.

hayabusaboston

HSC
The refugee intake is centred on skilled immigration i.e. via points based system. The refugees are selected on the basis of who can contribute most to the Australian economy. I am a former North Sri Lankan refugee and I now work for the Australian Labor Party and on the distinguished road to becoming a federal Labor MP. My dad was a veterinary surgeon in Sri Lanka and on that basis we were welcomed into Australian society. Lord Jesus come into my heart. I will make you my hero and helper. I repent of my sins. I will never be the same in Jesus name. Show some compassion to the less fortunate guys.
No wonder your english sounds robotic lol. But dayum this is revelation :eek:

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
omg i know :( i wish everyone in the world would just know how dumb negroes and spics are and IQ always have correlated with race
My posts had nothing to with blacks and everything to do with the impact of income on IQ.

isildurrrr1

HSC
N/A
My posts had nothing to with blacks and everything to do with the impact of income on IQ.
income and IQ correlates? wat.

income and test scores correlate? you can bet your ass.

sylvia, have you ever taken the SATs?

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
income and test scores correlate? you can bet your ass.
Only within racial groups.

sylvia, have you ever taken the SATs?
nope. I'm not saying SATs are an ultimate measure of academic performance though. If you had actually read anything I said, you would know I talk about them as a proxy for IQ since the two correlate strongly.

isildurrrr1

HSC
N/A
Only within racial groups.

nope. I'm not saying SATs are an ultimate measure of academic performance though. If you had actually read anything I said, you would know I talk about them as a proxy for IQ since the two correlate strongly.
You know the SAT is a test you can beat right? That's why a lot of colleges in the US have dropped the SAT requirements for admission. Look, I grew up in the US high school system and I know how dirty the SAT's are. There was a school in my area where every student scored a FULL mark on the essay section (randomized essay prompts). You know why? Because the essay section is pretty much a formula when it comes to grading. Same goes for the reading section. All the answers are technically "right" but they want the most "right" answer, which is purely subjective. SAT's have changed a lot since 1995, average scores have been sitting around 1500 and scores for blacks are around 1300. You can absolutely not judge someone's "IQ" based on an english language exam and a math section. It reflects nothing on academic performance. I scored very very low in the SAT's and I have a 75 WAM at unsw. However, according to the SAT's I should be only getting credits and passes. The SAT is an EXTREMELY language and culturally biased test, if you didn't grow up in suburbia america or had extensive reading on american classics, you'd do extremely poor on the exam.

http://satninja.com/sat-critical-re...eading-questions-without-reading-the-passages

Hell you can EVEN beat the reading section without actually reading the required passages. Also, SAT's aren't a mandatory test unless you live in a state that pays for it. That's why theres certain states with higher scores (people only take it if they plan to go to college out of state).

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
Also, you completely ignored what I said:

I talk about SATs because they correlate with IQ scores

isildurrrr1

HSC
N/A
Oh okay yeah, I guess this totally explains why poor whites do better than rich blacks, huh?
so please tell us, why do you think blacks score lower than whites on the SATs even with the same income level? please tell us your theory.

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
so please tell us, why do you think blacks score lower than whites on the SATs even with the same income level? please tell us your theory.
I'm not sure but its doesn't matter, because the point I'm making is that being "middle class" doesn't mean you'll have a high IQ.

isildurrrr1

HSC
N/A
Also, you completely ignored what I said:

I talk about SATs because they correlate with IQ scores
No they absolutely don't. Nobody, I mean nobody ever uses the SAT's are "hurr durr IQ correlation."

http://talk.collegeconfidential.com...01-sat-score-vs-iq-score-vs-intelligence.html

Just because someone scored very high on the SAT's doesn't prove their intelligence, just means they read and write a lot. You can score top marks for physics, chemistry and biology and still have a shitty SAT score because you don't read much. It's practically an english language exam with a math section. There is nothing else on the SAT's.

isildurrrr1

HSC
N/A
I'm not sure but its doesn't matter, because the point I'm making is that being "middle class" doesn't mean you'll have a high IQ.
I never said nor claimed that if you're born in the middle class you have a higher IQ. What I am saying if you have money, you have an overwhelming advantage of A. taking the test more than once (SAT's aren't cheap, 50 bucks per test) B. can purchase SAT aid books. C. Pay for SAT tutors (Big $$$ in the US). I grew up with kids whose parents spent around 2-3000 dollars to help improve their kids SAT scores. Which kinda shows why as increasing income shows a higher test scores.

Oh and rich blacks don't score as high as poor whites anymore, they changed a lot of the racial and cultural bias' since 1995.

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
>Criticises me for using 20 year old data

>Cites a bunch of faggots on a forum as a source.

But anyway, one of the posts on the page you linked to contains a study which proves you wrong anyway.

Just because someone scored very high on the SAT's doesn't prove their intelligence
I never mentioned "intelligence", whatever that means.

just means they read and write a lot. You can score top marks for physics, chemistry and biology and still have a shitty SAT score because you don't read much. It's practically an english language exam with a math section. There is nothing else on the SAT's.
And yet they correlate with IQ, which doesn't involve much reading or writing

hayabusaboston

HSC
No they absolutely don't. Nobody, I mean nobody ever uses the SAT's are "hurr durr IQ correlation."

http://talk.collegeconfidential.com...01-sat-score-vs-iq-score-vs-intelligence.html

Just because someone scored very high on the SAT's doesn't prove their intelligence, just means they read and write a lot. You can score top marks for physics, chemistry and biology and still have a shitty SAT score because you don't read much. It's practically an english language exam with a math section. There is nothing else on the SAT's.
HURRR DURRR ISILDEEEERP dude, are you that thick?? SylviaB has presented you with CLEAR EFFING EVIDENCE, and you still argue like a fucking chimp. No, that would be an insult to chimps. You argue like sathius, you dont accept any new information, you stick with your own INCORRECT viewpoint.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)