Norway beats Australia for quality of life top spot (1 Viewer)

saberbladexx

HSC
I cant believe Australia was so high, i thought it would have been Canada, Switzerland and Japan to be like top 3.

Well i guess you learn something new everyday.

Lentern

HSC

jennyfromdabloc

coked up sociopath
HSC
Turns out the best way to ensure prosperity is to have massive reserves of oil. Nice work Norway.

HDI is bullshit anyway. It uses metrics like school attendance without taking into account quality of education or placing any value on alternatives to formalized education.

Things like adults literacy are pretty blunt indicators. It simply counts people as either literate or illliterate without any consideration of the level of literacy.

Last edited:

ad infinitum

HSC
N/A
What a shit study....Iceland is 3rd..? What a joke; its a completely broke, failed country..

moshi.bum

HSC
Oh really? Not surprising given the trends of the last ten years, but a lot has changed since the GFC. Doesn't seem to have had that much of an impact on these results though.

S.H.O.D.A.N.

world
HSC
Yeah, I wonder when the data for this study was collected.

Wasn't all of Iceland bankrupt this time last year?
Sort of. Iceland went broke in the sense that they went from being super rich to just 'only' as rich as your average American. Their quality of life has barely suffered, but their wallets sure have.

Sultun

Banned
HSC
N/A
Germany cuz they have German Sherpards.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)