Not allowed to go to the formal! (1 Viewer)

QAFluva

HSC
I am currently doing pathways, and the year adviser has told me that becuase I am not graduating, I am not allowed to go the formal. However there is another student who graduated last year, however she returned this year to do only a 1 unit course, and she is allowed to go. Anybody ever heard of this before?

lislabella

sunshine
HSC
our school doesnt organise our formals.... the student body does... thats dumb - complain they are your peers you studied with them for what 6 years? you have the right to go.

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
kick up a fuss..
involve parents...
and students

if that fails...take it to the local paper..

you WILL be allowed to go

HSC
N/A
Yeah, that's absolute rubbish.

I'm starting Pathways now and they're letting me participate in all of the things at my school..... year 12 camp, the formal, graduation dinner, awards night etc.

Mind you I am leaving this school too, but still.

I agree - kick up a fuss. It'd be wrong if they didn't let you attend.

QAFluva

HSC
I wasn't even allowed to attend the Graduation Ceremony! The year adviser and principal keep still saying I can't go. However the Deputy Principal said they may be able to bend the so called 'policy' that says only students graduating can attend the formal, and then he changed his mind again and said I couldn't go.

nwatts

HSC
That's pathetic. Seriously.

Do you go to a private school? If so, you could complain to the board (or whoever governs how the school runs), as this is a pretty stupid situation.

QAFluva

HSC
nwatts said:
That's pathetic. Seriously.

Do you go to a private school? If so, you could complain to the board (or whoever governs how the school runs), as this is a pretty stupid situation.
I don't go to a private school. And I agree, this is a pretty stupid situation. There is just the issue of finding a way to be able to go to the formal.

QAFluva

HSC
Go as someones date
That is what I had originally planned.I told the principal and year adviser this, however apprently this isn't a reason for me to be allowed to go.

Last edited:

elisabeth

HSC
Fuck that, what business of theirs is it to decide who their non-pathways students can take as dates?

Riviet

HSC
N/A
QAFluva said:
I am currently doing pathways, and the year adviser has told me that becuase I am not graduating, I am not allowed to go the formal. However there is another student who graduated last year, however she returned this year to do only a 1 unit course, and she is allowed to go. Anybody ever heard of this before?
Man that really sucks... it's also very stingy of your year advisor u.u

HSC
N/A
Do you go to Plumpton High?

If you do, I'm very surprised that a school with such a liberal view towards educating pregnant teens, looking after their children, letting them finish their education etc.... could be so damn closed minded, cruel and downright stingy in treating one of their Pathways students like this.

HSC
N/A
Your profile -

Educational Institution:
Plumpton

I live about 15 minutes away from there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)