Not attending a HSC exam? (1 Viewer)

AznSupr

HSC
Is it fine If I do not attend an exam for one course out of my 12 units? In this course I am ranked last, however in every other course I am ranked in the top 10 and I know this subject will not count. Is it fine to just miss the exam as I have an exam the next day? any consequences or repercussions?

astroman

HSC
It won't matter in anyway but I recommend you inform your school prior, it's going to benefit your cohort as well if you don't go, since if you do the test and get a crap mark, you will drag their marks down.

Flop21

HSC
It will show up on your HSC that you got 0 for your examination mark. So if you need to show you HSC to anyone, then obviously the 0 will need to be explained.

AznSupr

HSC
It won't matter in anyway but I recommend you inform your school prior, it's going to benefit your cohort as well if you don't go, since if you do the test and get a crap mark, you will drag their marks down.
That's honestly the main reason I do not want to go! I don't want to drag people down just because I'm not doing as well as they are. In regards to informing the school will it matter if I don't? Thank you very much :)

astroman

HSC
That's honestly the main reason I do not want to go! I don't want to drag people down just because I'm not doing as well as they are. In regards to informing the school will it matter if I don't? Thank you very much :)
It depends, some schools make you sit the exam regardless, if they do this, just don't attempt it, if you attempt some of it, it will get marked but if you write nothing it will not get marked and wont affect anyone else. Also leave after first hr.

AznSupr

HSC
It will show up on your HSC that you got 0 for your examination mark. So if you need to show you HSC to anyone, then obviously the 0 will need to be explained.
Okay that seems right to me. Some people are saying that if you don't attend the exam its as if you never did the course and it will not be shown but now I'm assuming that's incorrect?

astroman

HSC
Okay that seems right to me. Some people are saying that if you don't attend the exam its as if you never did the course and it will not be shown but now I'm assuming that's incorrect?
Correct, since you wouldn't of had completed the HSC course for it and so won't be able to receive your results for that subject.

Mathsisfun15

HSC
You are allowed to go to your school and drop the subject as if you would normally drop a subject any time up until the exam is sat. So their are no consequences if you are doing 12 units

rawrliongirl

HSC
I just realised we were supposed to take our watches off in the exams....i sat through my english exams wearing my watch on my wrist. Supervisors didnt say anything but like... will anything happen...? o.o

astroman

HSC
I just realised we were supposed to take our watches off in the exams....i sat through my english exams wearing my watch on my wrist. Supervisors didnt say anything but like... will anything happen...? o.o
Highly unlikely, I put my watch back on in the last 10mins since I had finished and packed up, they said nothing.

crowley926

HSC
Plus if they had an issue about it they would have told you after the exam that they're reporting you or whatever.

sinophile

HSC
N/A
They're going to rip your exam into pieces in front of your face

rawrliongirl

HSC
Okie. Oops i realised i posted my question in the wrong thread.. :3

atargainz

HSC
they're gonna check the security footage, hunt you down and you will get 0 for da exam

iforgotmyname

Metallic Oxide
HSC
Did extension jap oral already so couldn't drop it. Just jigged the exam to become an outlier

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)